Waddya Mean Politically Incorrect?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by dvl, Apr 1, 2005.

1. dvl

dvl New Member

Isn't it true that what was for a time called "politically incorrect" is, in reality, politically correct? If it can be assumed that what used to be "PI" is in ascendancy along with the current administration, and the current admistration holds office at the pleasure of the majority, then those atitudes, beliefs and points of view are politically CORRECT!

(Whew!)
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Ow, you're making my head hurt! :p
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I should have used the term "Politically Correct"!
  4. dvl

dvl New Member

Or maybe not!
  5. Marlin

The point is:

This philosophy, everything should be politically correct regardless, is going to bury us very quickly.

In my view, it is pure Bull Guano, to keep it proper.....
  6. dvl

dvl New Member

People fall back on political correctness when what they really are looking for are simple good manners.

Good manners are a balm that heals. Political correctness is a band-aid with sand under it.

Political correctness is delivering a plate of brownies to YoMama Bed Linen and then demanding that the Marines rescue you when he ties you to a camel.

Political correctness is standing hand in hand in protest in front of the Post Office on the anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima but knowing not the first fact about the Rape of Nanking. (My town, every year)

Good manners are allowing a liberal yankee in the Firearms Forum!
  7. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Well, dvl, every time you post a message, you're showing yourself to be less the "liberal yankee" and more of what Southerners truly admire and respect: A True American that doesn't let "ideology" get in the way of thinking.
  8. Marlin

Agreed, John; you beat me to it!!!!!!!
  9. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Coming from you, Marlin, that's a compliment!
  10. dvl

dvl New Member

If anyone asks me (and they don't!) if I'm liberal or conservative, I first need to find out what issue they're talking about. I'm liberal on some, conservative on others. One thing is for sure, I need people who think differently than me before I can have a true understanding of any issue. One of the things I love about this country is that we can drive each other nuts arguing political philosophy or movie reviews or whatever and still recognize each other as being what makes this place tick.

It's hard to be a total, by the book liberal when I've been to China and seen triple A batteries at city airports. It ain't easy when traveling near the 38th Parallel and get stopped by M16 toting soldiers in front of a sandbagged .50 cal. Saving the whales didn't enter my mind when driving within easy artillary range of North Korea. I was too busy figuring out that the large concrete objects perched along the roads were tank traps. A different reality than sitting here at home. I intend to always remember what other people gave so I can philosophize in peace and comfort!
  11. Marlin

The bottom line, dvl, REALLY is - - -

THAT's WHAT WE and IT are ALL ABOUT.
  12. dvl

dvl New Member

This must be my week for PC events. I was in the grocery store and heard a woman sneeze, followed by a man offering "God bless you!"

She didn't like that and reprimanded him. "Bless you is okay" she said, "but not God bless you. What if I was an atheist?"

This left me wondering who but a diety could bless anyone, atheist or no.

There's just nothing like giving someone a load of crap when they've offered you a kindness.
  13. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

I'm afraid my response would be unprintable.

[shakes head]
  14. Marlin

As would mine...........................

:( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  15. dvl

dvl New Member

The young man remained unflappably polite, but made it clear that he felt his good wishes were wasted. I hope that he continues to be so polite. It's all well and good to blame young people for a lack of manners, but this middle aged lady is more to blame than most any five clueless kids.
  16. 96harley

96harley New Member

If you believe in the old fashioned values that made this country great then you are not polically correct in the eyes of some.