Wall Street firm hires 'Occupy' protester

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Dec 5, 2011.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

DOWN-on-her-luck "Occupy Wall Street" protester Tracy Postert spent 15 days washing sidewalks and making sandwiches at New York's Zuccotti Park - then landed a dream job at a Financial District investment firm thanks to a high-powered passer-by who offered her work.
    The Upper West Sider, who has a PhD in biomedical science specializing in pharmacology, was unemployed and had all but given up on finding work when she joined the movement in October.
    She held signs that read, "Reagan sucks," and, "I'll vote after the revolution."
    But she still needed to get a job, so she made a new sign that read, "PhD Biomedical Scientist seeking fulltime employment," and on the back, "Ask me for my resume."
    It caught the eye of Wayne Kaufman, chief market analyst for John Thomas Financial Brokerage. The exec was not looking to hire, but he took Postert's resume anyway.
    The next day, Kaufman, impressed by her CV, sent her an email asking if she would like to come for an interview two blocks from Zuccotti Park at 14 Wall St.
    "I had been unemployed for so long, I thought why not?" Postert said, adding that she is in her 30s and has no background in finance or business.
    Kaufman offered her a job as a junior analyst evaluating medical companies as potential investments.
    Postert said the decision to accept was painful but she has now just completed her third week as a Wall Street worker and she is already studying for her exams to be a certified financial analyst.
    CEO Thomas Belesis said he believes Postert will be a great asset.
    "She was ranting about Wall Street, and now she's working on Wall Street. Banks are not so bad. I hope we have opened her eyes," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...occupy-protester/story-e6frfku0-1226214523684
  2. Juker

Juker New Member

Dang it, another sellout! How are we supposed to keep the occupation going if people are going to give up and go to work?!? :eek:;)
  3. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

She'll be the first one prosecuted in the brave new world.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

actually read the occipiers site , they deny its real say she was a plant and "should be dealt with for trying to ridicule the rest of the protestors who have worked hard to raise public consciousness"

dealt with ? sounds like a hit order dont it ?
  5. Juker

Juker New Member

By wearing deodorant she was a dead giveaway - they knew she was a plant. :lmao2:
  6. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Short bit on her on Fox today. She started out at minimum wage. If she's all she says she is, the bucks will be there for her.