Walmart Not Selling Guns?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tom Militano, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

The local Walmart quit selling guns and ammunition and I was told they are all going to stop. Anybody heard anything about that?
  2. rowdyredneck

rowdyredneck New Member

I don't know all the details but I've heard its just certain stores were going to stop selling firearms. I'm not sure of the reason, I heard they weeded those stores out based on poor sales figures but who knows...maybe they caved under pressure from anti gun public relations people trying to make a name for themselves.
    There are five Wal-mart super centers within a 50 mile radius of me and all but one have stopped selling firearms within the past year. I asked one of the employees and he told me the same thing, just certain stores. The only one left here that still sells them had them yet as of this August along with the special order catalog, but all the others have stopped entirely. They do still sell ammo in all of the stores I've been to though.
  3. durk

durk New Member

Some Wal marts still sell guns and some don't. Not sure why. I was told by 2 different employees, 2 different reasons.:confused:
  4. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

The one's here in Alameda & Contra Costa counties stopped selling guns about 18 mos ago. They were asking people to fill out & sign a questionaire regarding ammo purchases. Don't know if they stopped selling ammo or not. All of us local gunowner's stopped going to Walmart. :(
  5. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

Honestly...Wal-Mart is not what it once was...by far!

I see the chain as one of the things wrong with America.
  6. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

All I've ever heard was that they were going to keep selling firearms in areas more out in the "country" and stop sales in the major city areas. However, it doesn't make what I heard correct by any means.

I do know that I live way out in the "country" and the two stores nearest me, one 32 miles to the north and one 30 miles to the south, still sell firearms and I haven't heard any rumors of them not continuing to do so in the future. You can take that for what it's worth although a change in their policy wouldn't effect me anyways as I've never bought a firearm from them and don't plan on doing so either.
  7. obxned

obxned New Member

It's a matter of profits, like everything with Wally. If your local store quits selling guns and ammo it is because you folks weren't buying enough.
  8. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

It could have something to do with the fact that they had a lousy selection of guns and ammo and sales people that had no idea what they were doing. The lady behind the counter once told me there was no such thing as .40 S&W ammunition.
  9. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

We have two SuperCentres within five miles of us.

The store in Vidalia, Louisiana, across the river, does not carry firearms and will refer anyone asking to the Natchez store. Our store still carries long guns, both rifle and shotgun, ammunition and will order anything one wants from a catalogue if they don't have it in stock.
  10. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

The two Wal-Mart's that I shop at in Naples still sell long guns and ammo of wide variety. I can verify this because I was in there about three hours ago admiring a beautiful new Henry Golden Boy.

I make a conscious effort to buy as much as I can from Wal-Mart whenever possible. It makes liberals absolutely crazy, and few things give me more joy than casuing liberals to gnash their teeth or writhe their hands in a state of emotional meltdown.

God Bless America. God Bless Wal-Mart.
  11. noslolo

noslolo New Member

They pulled all of there guns here for a while then they went back to selling black powder and air guns:(
  12. noslolo

noslolo New Member

They still sell all types of ammo, and if I wasn't so broke I would buy from a local, but the prices are so cheap! (including .40s&w)
  13. travihanson

travihanson New Member

The wally worlds up here still sell rifles and ammunition. There is a wal-mart I think in Portland that stopped selling, I too am not sure of the reason some stopped...
  14. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

i know the walmart that we've shopped at for years is still selling them, our local kmart is too! we just had a new walmart open up a few wks ago. i have been in there for quick stops, but no real shopping yet, so i have no idea if they are selling guns or not. maybe 1 of these days i'll get to look thru the entire store......
  15. neophyte

neophyte New Member

Walmart still sells guns.
    Go to the 'Walmart' web page. In the search function type in guns. Scroll down the left side and you find a few manufacturers below that you'll find "more". Follow until you find what you want. Walmart at this site will give you directions how to get your gun from your local store. Walmart wants your money.

Don't mean to jump in like I know anything; just did a little checking.
    Not any shipping charges either.