1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Walmart sponsored turkey shoot on the Outdoor Channel. Gigantic turkeys.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remington597, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Did anyone happen to catch the Walmart sponsored turkey shoot on the Outdoor Channel?. I really enjoyed it. I am also glad that Walmart sponsored it. I get alot of gear and ammo there, being a .22 guy.
    The Outdoor channel is really great. I want to encourage everyone who does not have it to contact their satellite or cable provider. They also have fishing ,hunting, bull riding, gear, etc.,NRA matches. etc.
    The thing that I really enjoyed about this turkey shoot today(it was on 1pm est.) is that these were the largest turkeys that I have ever seen and they were quick also, those heads were bopping up and down like mutant aliens as they were running for their lives. The two guys stalking them were real old time pros. They were in full cammo. I wish they had gone into more detail about the firearms they were using, but I still enjoyed it. I would highly recommend it.
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2004
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Rem, Were the fella's using shotguns?...:cool:
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Alabama: Shotgun on turkey only long gun; Handgun with open sights and no other type. NO RIFLES but Muzzle Loader loaded with shot.

Mississippi: Shotgun on turkey only long gun; Exception, certified quads may use a rifle. No handguns of any kind.
  4. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

I really wish they showed better closeups of the firearms used.
    I may have missed that part when I went to the kitchen to make a sandwich for lunch. Did anybody remember what they were using?
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2004