Walter PPK

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by fwoddo, Jul 18, 2012.

1. fwoddo

fwoddo New Member

I have a Walter PPK 7.65M/M It is not in great condition. The finish is not great and one of the grips is damaged. It fires good. The Serial # is 306350-K. My question is what is its value and should I restore it first. I know the value has a wide range but a rough value would help. There is no pitting or rust. Thank you for any information. The gun was brought back from WWII by my father.
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The gun dates to 1940, but good clear pictures will be needed to make a realistic assessment of value. New grips are available should you decide to replace the damaged one.

Jim
  3. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

The grips on your gun should be made of a single piece of wrap-around plastic. You say "one of the grips is damaged." Does that mean it has a two separate grips? If so, they are post war replacements. Your pistol may have special markings indicating it was military or police issue. This could give it a bit more value. Even for spare parts the value could run around $350. Only detailed photos including all markings can tell us the value of what you have.
  4. fwoddo

fwoddo New Member

Hi, thanks for the info, I have been trying to find the grips. Do you know where I can find them. I am going on the road for 3 weeks when I get back I will try to get soem pictures posted.
  5. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Original one piece grips for your pistol would cost around $300 if you could even find them for sale, not a ood invesyment for a PPK in poor condition. A set of post war two piece grips can be easily found and would cost less than $40. Here's some reproduction grips for only $27: http://www.handgungrips.com/Walther/1685/cfm