walther g22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by mxracer07, Jul 20, 2010.

1. mxracer07

mxracer07 New Member

does anyone know anything about them?i have a chance to pick one up at a deal i like the p22 so im thinkin i will like the long gun too.what are the ups and downs how do they shoot im not looking for a target gun just something to plink around with anyway thanks for your time
  2. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

Great little 22. I have a black one and a green one. With the added drum they are a hoot. One of the drawbacks for them had been the lack of hi cap mags, the other is they are a bit tricky to take apart and clean till you get the hang of it.
  3. Kestral

Kestral Member

Bought one for my wife 18 mths ago. Operates & feeds well,but feel the barrel internally is oversize as whichever ammo is used,the accuracy is cetainly not consistant.Average 3 out of 10 in the centre,4 out of 10 in the outer sides of the complete target,ie at least 6 to 8 inches from the bull,& this occurs with some really good club shooters testing it out.Could be I purchased a Friday night or Monday morning gun.??
  4. Kestral

Kestral Member

Sorry Gents,replied in error,thought it was the p22 pistol that was being discused.Have not tried a g22 so please ignore my previous post.
  5. mxracer07

mxracer07 New Member

i have ben hearing good things about them but i may have just missed the sale but im goin to keep lookin if i dont find another one im going to build a 10/22
  6. cisco1

cisco1 New Member

G22 on Guns America. $ 400.00
    Cisco
  7. Enfield

Enfield New Member

Hi
    I have a G22 and find it a great little gun, I have done a bit of work on it including stiffening up the trigger (the tranfer bar bends) and have made a suppressor

They are not cheap but are something different that the others

I hear mention of a drum, can you give me any details - I guess you mean a drum mag?

I am in New Zealand and would like contact details for a supplier if possible

Cheers

Enfield

Attached Files:

8. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

9. mxracer07

mxracer07 New Member

i have seen the drum mags on gb but they where $150 thats a little to rich for my blood lol
  10. OcelotZ3

OcelotZ3 Former Guest

Very fun plinking rifle & a bullpup to boot. One of my favorites to shoot with other people.