Walther Manurhin PP .32 sn# 138XX Year Made?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Mikeinfl, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Mikeinfl

Mikeinfl New Member

I recently purchased the Walther Manurhin 32 with a sn # 138XX and want to find out what year it was made. This thing was almost new condition and functioned flawlessly at the range. Thankx in advance for any info I can get on this.
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

A couple of questions first, is this pistol roll marked Walther or Manurhin?, the serial number you gave, no letter suffix?
  3. Mikeinfl

Mikeinfl New Member

Hi RJay and thankx for getting back to me. Manufacture de machines. Du Haut-Rhin. Manurhin (printed in the box with wheel in background). Lic. Excl. WALTHER. Mod. PP Cal. 7.65mm. All on the left side of the slide. Left grip has WALTHER in the banner near the top of the grip. Right side of the slide as follows (and I can only write it as I see it using a magnifying glass). Imported by (next line) HK-Coll MiMMl ll. (IN the last series of letters the second M actually looks like an upside down W. The first and third M's could be N's. The HK is scrunched together. The Coll could be COLE.) The proof mark on the slide is just forward of the import stamping. The serial number is on the frame just behind the trigger and it does not have a letter prefix or suffix, just the five digits, 138XX, with a proof mark (?) adjacent similar in outside shape to the one on the slide but much more detailed in the middle part. This grip also has WALTHER in a banner near the top. I noticed a proof mark near the business end of the barrel when I was cleaning it...similar in shape to the one on the slide. I have the Walther magazine, a Manurhin magazine, and a very shiny third magazine "Made in Italy" with an AM or AGM logo built in a pyramin shape. All three functioned perfectly during testing at the range with round nose and hollow points. I was suprised. Mike
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

What a tangled web we weave, when first we try and decipher Manurhin and Walther serial numbers. Having said that. All of the Walther PP's,PPK's, regardless of what is roll marked on the slide were manufactured by Manurhin from 1952 until 1984 when Walther started producing the guns again ( until 1989 ) At the same time Manurhin also sold the guns ( made under license by Walther ) under their own name. In fact if James Bond had been a real person, M-16 would have issued him a Manurhin PPK in lieu of a Walther. ( British intelligence bought a number of Manurhins ), they also sold a batch to the German police , go figure. Yours is a Manurhin made and sold under their name, Serial number 14,114was made about 1953, yours serial number 138XX would have been made about the same time. We have a Walther collector, Danny, who stops by ever so often, if I'm in error then he will have the correct information. Hope that helps, :) By the way, some where along the way the Manurhin grips were replaced with Walther grips .
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  5. Mikeinfl

Mikeinfl New Member

Thankx loads Ray. Having experts on the forum sure is nice. If I knew how to put a picture up I would show you the beauty. I truely appriciate your help. Mike