Walther Mod 9

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by burtondj, Apr 6, 2011.

1. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

cool thread
  2. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

I think I have been called to task on this before-and I was wrong.
    I expect to see only Germanic-style engraving on Walthers, but in fact they did offer other styles.
  3. emount

emount New Member

Jboy,

No, I am not the Earl from Earl's repair service. I can only claim a fair knowledge of pre-1945 Walther pistols in general, but I am a serious student of the Walther Model 9 vest pocket pistol. I really enjoy these little pistols and regularly scour the internet for new pictures and information to add to my Model 9 data base. That is how I ended up posting on this site. I am always learning. And I love to share the information that I have abut Model 9's.
    I did not intend to hi-jack burtondj's original thread. If there is any interest I would be pleased to share some more pictures and information about Model 9's on a new thread.
    Thanks to all of you for your comments.

Earl
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

emount welcome to the forum and thanks for all the information everyone is here to help and you certainly did i never saw a model 9
  5. mcrider

mcrider New Member

If this serial number was made in the '20s, I have a Model 9 with the serial number 525075 before that. Does anyone have an idea of the year it was manufactured?

I found this gun in the bottom of a cedar chest while cleaning out my dad's house. He was a supply sergeant in WWII.
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

emount, thanks for additional information , it is always welcome, You know I didn't even notice the magazine and the mod to the grip. The Model 9 is a very nice firearm. One of the officers I used to work with carried one in a handcuff case as a " hell, I'm already dead, why not take him with me " back up gun ( actually it was a back up-back up ). The agency I worked for ( only two years ) didn't allow small autos as back up, but what the hey , I even carried a small Colt 1908 as additional insurance, as a old timer told me, it was better taking a suspension for breaking the rules than retiring because of death.:)