Walther Model 4

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by gmoody, Nov 12, 2009.

1. gmoody

gmoody New Member

Here I go again. I beleive I know what this gun is, but would like a confirmation and maybe a price. Is it a model 4 variant 2? Ed Buffaloe, writer ,gives varients for them. I match the v2 except he says the rear sight is adjustable and mine is raised but fixed. If so it was produced during WWI.
    I have a worn but good holster holding a spare clip.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

There are 5 "BASIC" Variations, the pistol was in production for 19 years and under went a number of changes. All variations could have either adjustable or fixed rear sights. All have rounded front sights except V5, on V5 the front sight is pointed. However V5 has sixteen slide serrations, yours has seven. My opinion, you have a transitional Model 4, Variation 4 , made during the change over using both V4 and V5 parts. American makers do it all the time, why throw good parts away. It is not uncommon to find a transitional gun with parts from both the previous variation and the next variation in line. Just my opinion from my references. ( Marschall's " Walther Pistols, Models 1 through P99" ) Could be wrong, I am not an expert on these things :)
  3. gmoody

gmoody New Member

goodby
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009