1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Walther Model 8

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by wsjax4, Apr 14, 2012.

1. wsjax4

wsjax4 New Member

I am looking for grips to one of these little guys. It seems I can buy new ones for $20-$30 but I am interested in some original parts. Please advise if anyone has some or knows where I can get them. Would also be interested in original internals.

Thanks!
    Scott
  2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

The US Walther rep is a man named Earl in Tweksbury, MA. http://www.carlwalther.com/

He can get what you want but it will not be inexpensive for a model 8.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I wonder where original grips for the Model 8 can be found today, since Walther hasn't made that gun for 70 years. Maybe wsjax4 or Hammerslagger can let us know how the search goes.

Jim
  4. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Earl (who is quite an interesting man, with some obvious "pull" with Walther in Germany) once told me that original parts for the old guns (pre WW II) are available from Germany for a price which is usually very expensive.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  5. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

can u post a picture of your pistol?
  6. wsjax4

wsjax4 New Member

I will work on getting some pictures uploaded here.

I apologize for my lack of clarity in the original post. The grips I seek are not “replacement” parts or of recent manufacture. I am looking for grips that came from an original, Walther-made pistol. The weapon I have is incomplete so I don’t think it a stretch that someplace, somewhere, someone has or knows where I can get grips and/or other parts like this.

Thank you.
  7. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

A very few model 8 pistols (and some replacement parts) entered the US before WW II. More likely came back as War Trophies, after the war.

Stoger charged $3.50 for a single replacement grip for a Walther Model 8, when a new commercial Colt Government Model .38 Super or .45 ACP was $44.75 and a new Colt "Frontier Six Shooter" (SAA) was $38.50, before WW II.

Today you can expect to likely pay over $300 for two grips and the two medallion screws that go with them, if you can even find such items in the USA, which is unlikely.

My experiences with gun show vendors is that they usually know what they have when it comes to rare parts for old guns. They are usually not in any rush to sell and do not sell cheaply.

As previously mentioned, your best bet is to contact Earl, if you are willing to pay market prices.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012