walther p 38

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by choukalos, Sep 13, 2003.

1. choukalos

choukalos New Member

a friend of mine has for sale a p 38 in ok shape except it is pitted, he says it is because it was taken off a dead german soldier and the blood stayed on it and pitted it. it has serial number under 1500 and has letters cyq on it. any help? thanks nick
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

The "cyq" mfg. code indicates that your P-38 was made by Spreewerke between 1943-45.

Are there any other letters or numbers on the pistol?

Generally speaking, the finish on the Spreewerke pistols was the poorest of the lot, and by the end of the war, the machining was very rough with visible circular machining marks.

"OK contition" doesn't tell me very much, but a ballpark estimate of value is $275 to $350.