WALTHER P22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by BETH, Jul 19, 2009.

1. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

WENT AND TOOK MY PISTOL CLASS TODAY FOR MY PERMIT AND SHOT A NEW WALTHER P22 WHAT A GUN REALLY REALLY NICE, I'M GOING TO BUY ONE.:
  2. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

My wife got one in the pink digital camo right after she got her carry permit. She likes it really well and it's fun to shoot. She doesn't carry it for protection as .22 LR is a little light for the job, but for honing her skills at the range it's perfect and cost effective. :)

She carries a Ruger LCP in .380 ACP for her daily carry pistol. It's small and easy to conceal and the .380 will pack enough punch to ruin the bad guys day if they mess with her.:)
  3. TOOHSOTKIL

TOOHSOTKIL New Member

Now your just yelling in a different direction.......LOL!!!!!!
  4. Grahajp

Grahajp New Member

Fun to shoot and fairly accurate...but mine sure doesn't like the cheap ammo. I read where they need to be "broken in" with high velocity stuff. I've been shooting the new Aguila 32gr 1750fps ammo and it hasn't failed yet. I bought several bricks of the Federal Champion (cheap stuff) and it darn sure doesn't like that.
  5. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

what barrel lengh is it we get them up here with extensions so their not under 4.25 inches heard lots of complaints
  6. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Active Member Supporting Member

It is a fun gun but as was pointed out, it is fussy about what bullets it likes. I have alot of Reminton and it will jam quite a bit. No big deal at the range but not good for personal defense. My wife also carries the Ruger LCP AND a Titanium Taurus hammerless .38 AT the same time. Try the Sig mosquito.
  7. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

I just shot one of those last week. It belonged to a guy I met at the range. He ran out of ammo. and I had several different types in my bag, It fired all of them without a glitch. Some were cci stingers the rest were federal and winchester bulk. Not one problem with nay ammo. I really liked the gun.
  8. paperboy

paperboy Member

I saw a Walther P22 in a shop today the guy was asking $525.00 for it. It did have a red dot scope on it. If you figure the scope mount and scope, would that be worth it. The scope was sealing for $78.00. I have an older Ruger 41 mag. Blackhawk I've been thinking about trading in.
  9. WillShootForPay

WillShootForPay Former Guest

I have one and have shot a few others. They are great! Try using CCI MiniMag ammo. It has a slightly stronger velocity which helps with reliability and it is also very clean burning comparing other ammo brands.
  10. chucksolo69

chucksolo69 New Member

There is no way that P22 is worth 500 bucks let alone more. The scope notwithstanding, I bought my P22 for $325.00 OTD a couple of years ago. I sold it to buy a SIG Mosquito.
  11. dhbvino

dhbvino New Member

I have the p22 and the mosquito...wanted the sig platform to match m,y other Sigs. The mosquito with thre recommended cci minimag won't hit the broad side of a barn and I can put 10 45 ACP into 2-3" offhand at 25'.

Should I give up or do you have a suggestion since you must have had better luck. The little P22 outshoots with all ammo.
  12. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

I Have limited experience with the Walther P22 and the Sig Mosquito. None of it is good.

A gun shop and indoor range had a Walther P22 that it rented. It spent more time in the back room being repaired than was reasonable. Seems reasonably accurate but not that durable.

Sig Mosquitoes are ammo sensitive (expensive CCI Mini-Mag only for reliable cycling) and I have not found them to be neither durable of accurate. I believe SIG has discontinued their import.

If you seek a compact 22 autoloader, look at the Argentine Bersa (aka Firestorm) which is a close copy of the Walther PP/ PPK-S design in 22 LR.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009