Walther P99?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Mjolnir, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

I've been looking at a Walther P99, wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Appear to be a very nice gun, really like the de-cocker, and intrigued by the magazine release.
  2. Jay

Jay New Member

I have an SW99 ... basically the same gun, except the slide and barrel are made by S&W instead of Walther. It's been a real dependable handgun. It's accurate, (not match grade), feeds anything, hasn't malfunctioned yet (over 4 years), light weight, easy to field strip, and the ambi mag release, is different, but extremely easy to get used to. I'm keeping mine. :)
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I've only rented one, but Jay's description is as accurate as any I could give. It's accurate, light, and reliable. It's a good gun.
  4. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

Thanks for the input guys, yesterday I looked at it again and decided that I liked the Springfield XD better so I picked one up in a subcompact 9mm. The purpose of either of these guns was to be a concealed carry gun, and I decided I would feel much better carrying the XD because of the safety features as well as the round-in-chamber feature. I was happily suprised by the great package you get when you buy an XD they give you everything but the bullets! On another note last Friday someone tried to rob the sub shop next door to my work and had a girl at knife point. Luckily one of the other employees had his ccw and handled the situation. If I even doubted the need for a ccw that re-affirmed the need for one.
  5. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Congratulations on the XD, a fine weapon!

The magazine release on the Walther is similar to the one on the USPs, I love the ambi mag release, it is much more fluid and easier for me to use than those damn thumb buttons!
  6. stetson

stetson New Member

Sw 99 is a fine pistol I 've had mine a good while now and it's my favorite 45 !
    I own Springfield's and I'll take this 99 over any of my Springfield's any day including
    my 1911.
  7. Zebraranger

Zebraranger New Member

I have the 1st gen. P99 .40, Its ergonomics and POA cant be beat.
    [​IMG]
  8. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I own a 2nd gen P99As in 9mm. I LOVE it! Best 9mm I've ever shot. About 500 rounds have been put through it with zero problems. I've fired various types of ammo in it, Fiochii 115gr FMJ, Fiochii 115gr JHP, CCI 115 gr FMJ, Winchester 115 gr FMJ, and Federal Hydra-Shok 124 JHP. She's taken all of them straight out of the box. I use it as my concealed carry gun loaded with the Hydra-Shoks.
  9. SCRAMBLER

SCRAMBLER New Member

P99 is an exelent gun, Put over 3,000 rounds of various different ammo thru the 40. carry it for self defense. Accurate , reliable. I have a 9mm and a 40 cal. all earlier models. I have been doing a detailed accessory search and will report later. for the earlier models only, as they have a propriotary rail system and not much available.