walther p99

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by 1911 man, Mar 18, 2011.

1. 1911 man

1911 man New Member

Thinking about buying this gun and would appreciate any feedback good or bad about this firearm thanks
  2. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

I have the P990 in 40sw. I am a small caliber shooter as the norm but when I want a larger caliber this is one of my go to pistols. I carried it on a recent trip on the El Camino Del Diablo trail (scenic road that runs the border of Mexico/US). While sitting around the campfire in the late afternoon a poor unknowing cottontail became an appetizer for dinner because of the P990.
  3. group17

group17 New Member

I have a P99c /AS in 9 that is a great little shooter. CDNN has the QA triggered model (like glock) for $450. Thats cheap for a new Walther.

[​IMG]
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

If you can find one in a quick action, thats the one to get. I've fired both and the quickaction was a better feel. The triggers on them are kinda heavy IMO but anything can be worked with :)
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

It's rare that I disagree with Helix, but I prefer the anti-stress (AS) trigger. It's closer to the traditional DA/SA. I don't like DAO triggers much, and I especially dislike the Glock-style with that extra thing on the trigger.

It's been awhile since I shot this one, but I liked it when I did. It was a rental gun, and it functioned flawlessly through 100 or so rounds. It's definitely different ergonomically than most other handguns, but it seemed to fit me well.

The P99 was one of my four "finalists" as I was choosing a new pistol. I ended up going with a CZ75, but I still would like very much to have a P99 someday.
  6. intimidator3

intimidator3 New Member

Can't go wrong with a Walther.(unless it just doesn't fit your hand) I have a P5 - 9MM and love it. Good shooter and feels good in the hand. IS on the heavy side to carry. Got Ruger LC9 on order for new conceal gun. Should be hear any day.