1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Walther PP 7,65

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by samsoma, Mar 17, 2012.

1. samsoma

samsoma New Member

I have a Walther PP 7,65 Police pistol which I bought in Germany from the Army Rod & Gun Club. I would like to have a users manual & specs on this weapon. The Walther sites are useless. Any ideas?
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

If you can find a older non smith and wesson manual for the PPK then you could go off of that. The PP is just a shorter barrel.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

If you leave a PP and a PPK unchaperoned in a dark room, the resulting offspring would be a PPK/S. A PP frame and a PPK barrel and slide.
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The PPK/S was Interarmco's solution to the "point" system set up under GCA '68, which effectively banned import of the PPK. The extra weight and caliber (.380 ACP only) allowed the PPK/S (the "S" stands for "States") enough points to allow importation.

The PPK could have been manufactured in the U.S., but the PPK/S has some advantages so Interarmco chose to have it made here, and it is still in the Walther/S&W line, along with the PP and PPK.

Jim
  6. fury413rb

fury413rb New Member

my interarms is a standard PPK not a PPK/S ive been told. is that not true?
  7. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I don't know>:D Interarms imported both the PPK and the PP prior to 1968. It could very well be true, but with without more information it is a guess and by golly.
  8. Jim K

Jim K New Member

When Interarms (formerly Interarmco) became the U.S. distributor for Walther, they imported the PP and PPK. Then after 1968, they imported the PP and PPK/S, since the PPK was banned from import. When currency problems increased the cost of German made pistols, Interarms began to manufacture the PPK/S in the U.S. while still importing the PP. (They could have made the PPK in the U.S.; I don't know why they chose to make the PPK/S.) They never made the PP or PPK in the U.S. At the present, Walther USA-S&W makes all three pistols in the U.S. for the domestic and world market; AFAIK, none of those guns is being made in Germany.

Jim