Walther PP 7,65

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by samsoma, Mar 17, 2012.

1. samsoma

samsoma New Member

I have a Walther PP 7,65 Police pistol which I bought in Germany from the Army Rod & Gun Club. I would like to have a users manual & specs on this weapon. The Walther sites are useless. Any ideas?
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

If you can find a older non smith and wesson manual for the PPK then you could go off of that. The PP is just a shorter barrel.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

If you leave a PP and a PPK unchaperoned in a dark room, the resulting offspring would be a PPK/S. A PP frame and a PPK barrel and slide.
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The PPK/S was Interarmco's solution to the "point" system set up under GCA '68, which effectively banned import of the PPK. The extra weight and caliber (.380 ACP only) allowed the PPK/S (the "S" stands for "States") enough points to allow importation.

The PPK could have been manufactured in the U.S., but the PPK/S has some advantages so Interarmco chose to have it made here, and it is still in the Walther/S&W line, along with the PP and PPK.

Jim
  6. fury413rb

fury413rb New Member

my interarms is a standard PPK not a PPK/S ive been told. is that not true?
  7. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I don't know>:D Interarms imported both the PPK and the PP prior to 1968. It could very well be true, but with without more information it is a guess and by golly.
  8. Jim K

Jim K New Member

When Interarms (formerly Interarmco) became the U.S. distributor for Walther, they imported the PP and PPK. Then after 1968, they imported the PP and PPK/S, since the PPK was banned from import. When currency problems increased the cost of German made pistols, Interarms began to manufacture the PPK/S in the U.S. while still importing the PP. (They could have made the PPK in the U.S.; I don't know why they chose to make the PPK/S.) They never made the PP or PPK in the U.S. At the present, Walther USA-S&W makes all three pistols in the U.S. for the domestic and world market; AFAIK, none of those guns is being made in Germany.

Jim