Walther PP 7.65

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by codydog, Oct 4, 2010.

1. codydog

codydog New Member

My Father recently passed and left his collection to us (his children). We have decided the best way to divide the collection will be by value. There are a few guns we know nothing about, and are looking to you for some help.

This is one, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

That gun was made in 1962, so it is post-war and has no historical value. I know some folks seem to think any Walther PP or PPK is worth a bunch of money, but that gun has seen some use and wear and I would value it at around $350 retail. (That is what a gunshop would sell it for, not what they would give you for it.)

The lack of import markings would indicate it was probably purchased in Germany or in a country other than the U.S. Also, the cancelled marking appears to be a police stamp, indicating it was a used police gun sold as surplus on the market. I don't know what ByP stands for (Bayern Polizei, perhaps), but the marking is like that used by the German police.

HTH

Jim
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

ByP = Bayerische Polizel ( State police, Bavaria )
  4. zb338

zb338 New Member

That Walther PP is a fine gun they are small but shoot
    like a bigger gun. I don't have one but I would like to
    have one. Go on Guns America and see what they are
    selling for.
    Zeke
  5. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

A boatload of these surplus police PP pistols were brought into the US in the last ten years. They were sold for $299. Jim is correct, they are of no interest to collectors, and shooters aren't very interested in them either, as they are chambered for .32 auto, which is not considered a desirable defense cartridge. Jim also has the present value right on at $350, but that would be top dollar.