1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Walther PP Nazi Proof Marks - Import Marks??

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

seb1899
    (6/2/02 8:30:56 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Walther PP Nazi Proof Marks - Import Marks??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In fairness to all I did ask this question on another board but I received only one response

I am now ready to purchase my Walther PP .32 ACP pistol and there are quite a few to choose from.

My purpose is just to own a .32 and shoot occasionally and I wonder if I should pay a premium for a pistol that has no importer marks on it? Should I pay the premium for a WWll era Nazi proof mark or is a later manfacture preferable given wartime conditions.

Again, I am not a collector of Walthers and have other handguns to shoot but I do want a .32 made by Walther.

Any opinions or advice will be greatly appreciated

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (6/2/02 9:15:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Walther PP Nazi Proof Marks - Import Marks??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you are looking for a collector Walther, you need to find either pre-war or early war vintage. These pistols will have slides marked "Zella-Mehlis", where Walthers were made until 1945. Later war guns with have correspondingly rougher finishes and are generally not as desireable unless they have rare issue markings.

For a shooter, ANY Walther would do nicely including those with Manurhin and/or Interarms markings.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson