Walther PP Nazi Proof Marks or Importer ID

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

seb1899
    (6/2/02 8:33:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Walther PP Nazi Proof Marks or Importer ID
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In fairness to all I did ask this question on another board but I received only one response. I also asked this on the center fire section.

I am now ready to purchase my Walther PP .32 ACP pistol and there are quite a few to choose from.

My purpose is just to own a .32 and shoot occasionally and I wonder if I should pay a premium for a pistol that has no importer marks on it? Should I pay the premium for a WWll era Nazi proof mark or is a later manfacture preferable given wartime conditions.

Again, I am not a collector of Walthers and have other handguns to shoot but I do want a .32 made by Walther.

Any opinions or advice will be greatly appreciated

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (6/2/02 8:55:52 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Walther PP Nazi Proof Marks or Importer ID
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you are just interested in a shooter, then import marks don't matter, and I certainly wouldn't be paying the premium for a war time Nazi marked piece - you would be paying a couple hundred dollars just to have some silly Nazi Waffenamps on it.

Look into the recently imported Manurhins - these are the Walthers produced after WWII in the French facility. A bunch of these have recently been imported, and you could probably find one at a decent price.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!