walther pp

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by team57, Jan 6, 2011.

1. team57

team57 New Member

you guys are really knowledgeable about the walthers, I hope you can help me identify mine. It was passed down from my dad who was in germany in '45. He picked it up there. ser# 238581 p, I think that puts it around '41. All the pp's I've seen on the forum have has writing on the side of the slide, bt mine has none, only ser# on right side of slide and frame and an eagle(stylized) with the numbers 4356 below the mag release. There may be 2 other letters before these numbers but I can't make them out. These are the only marking I can find on the pistol. I have the holster and 2 clips, one with finger rest. Any info on history/value would be appreciated. It has numerous pits but shoots well.:D
  2. team57

team57 New Member

oh, just never mind. I just found a post from george w that sounds exactly like my gun. All's well.