Walther PPK 7.65 mm

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by blenzi, Jun 29, 2012.

1. blenzi

blenzi New Member

I was wondering if anyone can tell me about a Walther PPK 7.65mm that I have. It was purchased by my uncle in 1964 at the Bad Toelz gun show in Germany. He paid $43.60 for it. I have the box it came with, paperwork, and instruction booklet.

The serial number on the weapon163433. I would say it still has about 90% of the blueing on it and there are no cracks on the hand grips. I shot it last weekend and it shoots realy well. Here are some photos. If these photos aren't good enough I will try and get better ones.

Attached Files:

2. blenzi

blenzi New Member

More photos.

Attached Files:

3. blenzi

blenzi New Member

Attached Files:

4. blenzi

blenzi New Member

Attached Files:

5. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Likely made in France by Manurhin, and proofed in Ulm, W. Germany in 1963.
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

As Hammerslagger stated, made in 1963, there really isn't too much to tell. It is a very well made firearm and has a good reputation. The design is a little out dated { From the 1930's} and all PPs & PPKs have a hard trigger pull in double action. They are still being made and sold . The new seller is S&W under license from Walther { I believe }. Value Even in .32 ACP I believe it would go for 500. It was indeed made in France ( until the late 1980s all pps,ppks and P1s were ) by Manurhin and shipped to Germany for final proofing. If it was proofed with final finishing in Germany it was considered made in Germany. Long story on the French which can be googled. HTH:), If you look down by the magazine well you should see a small mark, which looks like a wheel, it is a wheel, a water wheel, mark of Manurhin. Others may have different and more current input on values.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  7. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

I agree with the US value as being $500 to $600, as the caliber is not much in demand. If the caliber was 9mm Kurz it would be worth about $1000, and in .22 caliber at least $1200.
  8. valbehaved

valbehaved Member

Hello;
    can you post another picture of the left side of the slide, showing the whole legend, in natural light and in focus?
    Thanks
  9. blenzi

blenzi New Member

Thanks for the info guys. I've been looking at these on the internet, but I haven't found ones with the markings like mine.

Here's another photo for you Valbehaved. Hopefuly this does it. I'm still trying to master the camera.

Attached Files:

10. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

:D You're just not looking in the right places, mine is somewhat older but the same Olm proof house markings. When you research you need to look at post war guns, of course none of the pre 1945 ( actually post war production started in 1952 ) guns will have the marking as on yours. The Eagle over the N is the German proof mark since 1941, the antler is the mark of the Olm proof house { beautiful town by the way ), the 63 is the year made, all standard post war markings.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012