Walther PPK .765 sn 419190

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Colombo, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Colombo

Colombo New Member

Interested in the current value?
    Believe it was manufactured: 1944
    May be a 5th RSHA variation, even though clip base does not have sn.
    In great firing condition-no chips/cracks on grips (black color)-80%+ blue-very slight holster wear near tip.
    No military inspection stamp.
    Have period press paper PPK holster, but top flap was cut off, which I have been told was common by officers to do so at that time
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Clear photos will be required for any valid information, the are way too many variables on pre and war time PPs and PPKs. If you read some of the privious post on Walther's you will see that there some very knowledgeable contributors, but they have to have enough info ( photos ) to start . About the holster, a cut down holster is worthless, I don't know who told you that it was common for German officers to cut their holsters down ( presumably for a fast cowboy draw ), well, I do believe they were in error., in fact I know they were wrong. The German Soldier did not modify their equipment in such a manner.
  3. Colombo

Colombo New Member

Thank you for your response. I also doubted the cut holster explaination, but put it out there for qualified people to validate. Thanks again.
    I attached photos, but I see they are not showing up... I will try again to attach to this response.
    ***Still won't upload. Using a Galaxy III and trying upload from "photo album"... any suggestions?
  4. Colombo

Colombo New Member

Photos

Attached Files:

5. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Without a matching mag it cannot be differentiated from an ordinary commercial PPK. Due to the less than perfect condition I would estimate the value to be $700 at most.
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

That was also my impression, I could see no markings to indicate otherwise. Sorry about that.:)