1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Walther PPK from WWII

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by ligun, Dec 22, 2009.

1. ligun

ligun New Member

How much is this gun worth?

This gun was "acquired" from a Nazi German officer when he surrendered and is still in the possession of the person who thus acquired it.

The gun seems to be in better shape then some of the flash pictures do it justice. Its barrel is shiny and it works well.

There is an Eagle-N on the slide area and an Eagle C holding a swastika globe next to the grip.

I am attaching four pictures to this message and will attach two more to the next.

There is a slight loss of bluing from the hammer and the barrel area as indicated in the fist picture.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  2. ligun

ligun New Member

Serial number and manufacturer information on the gun

Attached Files:

3. Danny

Danny Member

Hello,
    You have a late war (1944) police issued pistol. The Eagle C was the stamping used on police weapons, after they dropped the Eagle F early in the war.
    The condition is not that bad & police issued PPK's are in high demand. I think if you put it on an auction site, you should fetch an easy 12-15 hundred. Hope this info helps & Have A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.:)
    Kind Regards
    Danny:)
  4. MrsLIGun

MrsLIGun New Member

I'm Mrs. LI Gun ;-)

This gun is my father's, a proud WWII Veteran who landed at Normandy D-Day + 30. He fought in the Battle of the Bulge and several other well noted battles and was wounded 3 times.

Marching through the many farm fields they passed piles of beets and happened upon a few Nazi soldiers hiding behind one of the piles. Gun fire ensued and the Germans surrendered as they were out numbered. My father relieved a Nazi of his weapon and brought it home with him.

It has two clips and the original leather holster, which needs restitching, but is otherwise in good condition.

I just thought people might enjoy hearing how my father acquired this beauty. Don't ask to buy it though, I will treasure it forever and not sell it in my lifetime.

Have a safe and happy holiday season.
  5. Danny

Danny Member

Hello,
    A follow up on pricing is needed. Since it has the holster & extra mags, 2 grand hits my button.
    I am so very happy to hear you are keeping this fine late war pistol. I hear of so many people same as giving them away to pawn shops. Keep it oiled and in a good safe so you can pass this down to your kids & theirs.
    Kindest Regards
    Danny:):)
  6. jeffrey donald

jeffrey donald New Member

looking for year of ppk serial # 874740
  7. denny 714

denny 714 Member

From what my data base says....1935

Denny G.