Walther PPK Inquiry

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Goodtimes, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Goodtimes

Goodtimes New Member

New to this forum.

Trying to get prelim. info on the following Walther PPK that I got from Father.

Walther PPK with holster

SN: 256811 K
    "Crown N" markings on right side.

On left side inscription to right of trigger >> I.G.
    N.18.

Grips [from looking at other posts' pictures] look original, though right side grip is cracked above screw.

Condition [again from other posts' pictures] looks good.

>> At this point just trying get some age and historical background on this Walther.

Will work on posting pictures later [as soon as I get my scanner hooked up].

P.S., New wrt to firearms, so terminology is new too.

Thanks in advance.

>>Goodtimes
  2. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

Welcome to the forum.
    Should be someone along soon who can help.
  3. Danny

Danny Member

:)Hello,
    Your pistol is one of the last prewar, 1939 c/n proof ones. The Germans then started the e/n stampings. I will have to see pics before I will be able to tell ya about the stampings on the trigger area.
    The cracked grip will hurt the value a lot as those alone cost 300. Post pics and we can give you a price.
    Regards
    Danny