Walther PPK/S Problem.

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by brupska, Dec 4, 2010.

1. brupska

brupska New Member

I tried searching a little before I posted this. Sorry I couldn't find anything on this issue. I purchased a Interarms Walther PPK/S from my Uncle. It looked like he had not stored it verywell or cleaned it in a long time. I cleaned the pistol very well and had to clean up some rust around the grips when I got it home. I finally got some free time to shoot it and I am having a problem with misfiring only on the first shot in Double action!!! I will fire maybe 1 time out of 10 in double action. In single action it fires fine. I am using Remington FMJ ball ammo that is brand new.
    I got this pistol for concealed carry and now I won't carry it until this problem is solved. Thank you Brad
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

The Walther PP/PPK/PPKS series are reliable guns but when a problem does occur, sometimes it can drive you to strong drink. What is odd it the fact it only occurs on the first round in double action. The only thing I can think of is perhaps when you cleaned it, you did not remove all the crud from the barrel chamber and the first round is not seating properly. If it is not fully seated, the firing pin does not have enough force to seat it and ignite the primer, all the energy is directed toward seating the shell. When you pull the hammer back and fire it in single action, the violence of the slide slamming back and into battery is enough to seat the cartridge properly and it then works properly for the remainder of the shells. Clean the chamber super well, check for burrs and anything that might be obstructing the cartridge in both the chamber and the edges of the chamber and if you have the means and experience, polish chamber. You might try different brand of ammo, with perhaps softer primers, but I don't think that is the problem, but it could be. The force of the slide coming back is a lot more violent than any thing you you can do by hand so somehow the first cartridge in the magazine is not fully seated when you release the slide . Best I can do, others??? Or perhaps the cartridges are just a little on the high side of the diameter specifications and the chamber is a little on the low side of the inter diameter specifications, the cartridge will be is " tight " in the chamber. and not seating properly . Same results
  3. don Mathis

don Mathis New Member

The "cocking piece" in my Walther PPK (0.380 ACP) has broken. This is made by Interarms in about 1985 and is in like new condition. where can I find that part to fix my gun?

Thank you very much.

Don
  4. don Mathis

don Mathis New Member

I , being quite new in this group , just posted a question rather than a reply. I gotta figure this scheme out! Sorry...

Don
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member