Walther PPK /S

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by johnredwood, Apr 24, 2009.

1. traf0069

traf0069 New Member

I just bought a S&W Walther ppk, and only fired off six rounds, and the pistol performed great. The shot pattern was all over hell's half acre, but the gun did it's job. The shells ejected about ten feet from where i was, I found that remarkable. I've had pistols before but they were all revolvers, so I traded two of them in at Cabela's. Did'nt get a smokin' deal, but I wanted something I could carry and have fun with at the same time. The only bitch I have with gun is that it's a bear to take apart! The first time I tried to field strip it, pulled the trigger guard aside, put the safety on, and pulled back the slide. I could'nt believe how stiff the dang spring is! Maybe I'm low on testosterone, but Jaysus H. Keerist! Anyway, I got it apart twice, now I can't get the slide off anymore. It locks in place like the clip is empty, but do you think I can raise the backend off the pistol? No way Jose! Am I doing anything wrong? If I am, I'm not doing anything different now then when it came apart the first couple of times. I'm at a loss, other than filing down some parts that will make this easier to strip, I have no idea what the problem is. I recall in the service, the ol' .45 practicallly fell apart in your hands when you wanted to field strip them. So guys give me some pointers on how to do this easier, other than hiring a young stud to help me hold that slide back!......By the way, you can email me at "nascar@pacifier.com" with the pointers...Tom
  2. dbennett48

dbennett48 New Member

It is NOT a good idea to post email addresses in forums.

Dave
  3. traf0069

traf0069 New Member

relax "dave" if you're not answering my question, then it's none of your business if i put my email address up or not. i'm a big boy and i'll do as i please, do we understand each other? hope so.....tom