Walther PPK vs. Bersa Thunder

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Coltonator, Apr 29, 2007.

1. chucksolo69

chucksolo69 New Member

I have a Bersa Thunder .380 and it has been flawless from day one. I have a friend who has a Manurhin Walther PPK and he had to have it modified to shoot anything other than ball ammo. It also has one of the heaviest, grittiest, DA trigger pull there is. My Bersa's trigger pull is 10 times better. For the price I paid, $259.00 + DROS and tax, it can't be beat. I buy the ammo for it from my local range. They always have plenty of .380 ammo in stock (reloads) and my Bersa fires them with gusto. BTW, I also had an Astra Constable .380 and a Beretta Model 70s in .380. The Astra was excellent and way better than the PPK. The Beretta was single action and the slide loved to slice the second knuckle of your thumb. I traded the Astra away stupidly, I got rid of the Beretta for safety's sake!!
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  2. Munch

Munch Member

I've owned three bersa pistols over the years. One .22 and two. 380. I have found them to be incredibly reliable and very accurate. I personally love them and look forward to owning another. Sadly I have no experience with the walther. But with the flawless performance I had with all three bersa pistols, it would tough for me to justify the extra cash for the walther.
  3. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

I've never shot a Bersa, but my PPk is as reliable as they come and fits in the palm of my hand and my pants pocket as well. If the Bersa does all that at a better price I would give it a try.
  4. Orin

Orin Member

The Bersa's not available on that site & runs $320 +-. But I also appreciate your views cuz I'mm looking for a pockit gun. My .44 revolver's a good bag gun (man-purse to you testosterone junkies) but it takes time to unzip & shoot. (Hmmm... My wife may have said that a few times!)