Walther ppk

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by aurelius, Dec 20, 2009.

1. aurelius

aurelius New Member

I just got a ppk,32 acp(brought back by a french veteran).It has party leader grips,no markings(i didn't take the gun apart yet) but the serial number:360811k.Adress on left side:Walther,Zella Mehlis etc..
    Could anybody be kind enough to tell me more about this pistol.
    Thanks a lot.
    PS:I don't know how to send photos with the forum, but if you send me a e-mail adress,i can email the photos back to you.
    Francis Robin
    email adress:francis.robin23@wanadoo.fr
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I don't know what more can be told. Except for the grips, it sounds like a standard wartime PPK. As far as I know, there are no records of production dates, that information having been lost in WWII. A guess would place that serial number in 1943, but I emphasize the word "guess."

FWIW, the PPK (Polizei Pistole Kriminal) was introduced in 1931 as a shortened version of the Polizei Pistole (PP), at the request of plainclothes police who wanted a smaller weapon for concealed carry (the German word "kriminal" means detective). While it, like the PP, was offered in 9mm Kurz (.380 ACP), 7.65mm Browning (.32 ACP), 6.35mm Browning (.25 ACP) and .22 Long Rifle, the bulk of pre-war and wartime production was in 7.65 Browning, since 9mm Kurz was not in the official German supply chain.

PPK's were numbered in the same series as the PP until about 1938 when they were given a new series starting at 100000K. The last wartime serial number was about 433000K. Zella-Mehlis, the twin city in Thuringia where Walther had been based for decades, was in the Russian zone. The family fled to the west and later reestablished the company in Ulm/Donau, where they still are. All producton of the PP/PPK line has been moved to the U.S., where the guns are made in cooperation with Smith & Wesson.

Jim

Jim
  3. blackcat_attilio

blackcat_attilio Member

+1 That's right. More than what above, really I don't know what else...
  4. Danny

Danny Member

5. rob wright

rob wright New Member

can you help, new member. w germany pp model. ferrarie looking emblem followed by OF on left side under magazine release. 60 degree saftey. little finger rest magazine . seven rounds. black grips . decock . white lettering. serial is 4312_ _.