Walther PPK

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by SL555, Nov 7, 2010.

1. SL555

SL555 New Member

Hello all,

I have a good friend whom I work with that I am trying to help out. Her husband (a long time Marine) passed away a few years back. He owned a PPK. She kept the PPK in a safe deposit box. She was cleaning it out the box this past week and told me she would like to sell the PPK, but she has no idea how much it's worth. I told her about this forum and that I would see how much she should ask for it. Any input would be much appreciated! Pics are attached, and here is a description:

The PPK is still in it's box with manual and other parts. There are 2 clips. She has no idea where he got it from. It is well taken care of, but you can tell that it hasn't been fired in a while. There is some bluing at the end of the barrel.

-The serial number (from right side, by trigger) is 120335A
    -The SN (without the "A" at the end) is also on the barrel by the opening on the barrel
    -In the opening on the barrel, engraved on the silver there is a "67" next to what looks like a crown.
    -By the left side of the trigger it says "Made in West-Germany"
    -On the left side of the barrel it says "Carl Walther" and "Waffenfabrik Ulm/Do. Model PPK-Cal. 9 mm kurz"

I'm sorry the pictures aren't better quality. Any input that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. MANY THANKS!!!!

Attached Files:

2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Post war, Serial numbers 100305A to 266310A was used by Manurhin for their Walther PPK's from 06/68 to 12/85. I would guess early 70's. No ideal on value, I've given up on that aspect
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Around $1100 retail, in the box and with the extra magazine. There is little historical value in that post-war gun, but it should be a good shooter and defense gun. The .380's tend to be ammunition sensitive, so if planning to use it for defense test with several kinds. Some of them just won't work with other than full metal jacket.

Jim
  4. SL555

SL555 New Member

Thanks for the replies! It retailed for 1100.00? What would be a fair price for it now? It's probably been in that safe deposit box around 7 years. So she just wants to get rid of it, but I don't want her to get taken advantage of either. Forgive my ignorance, but this is definitely not an area I'm familiar with. Again, any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  5. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Jim meant that if you were buying it from a retail establishment nowadays, it would be around $1100. Retail price from 40+ yrs ago was probably under $200. I would think that $1100 +/- is probably a good ballpark. I will try to remember to look it up in the gunvalues book when I get home.
  6. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

This PPk was made in 1967. The Blue Book value is $1175 if boxed and in mint condition.
  7. SSMN

SSMN Member

SL555,
    A PPK nearly identical to this one boxed and all is presently up for bids on Gn Brkr with 7 days left to go. Present bid is $900 with the reserve not yet met. Serial # is five away from yours.
  8. denny 714

denny 714 Member

I have one very much the same. It was made in 1967,comes with box, target cleaning rod, extra clip and so on, and Mint....$1000.00 to $1200.00

Denny G.