Walther pre war PP ??

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dartswinger, May 21, 2012.

1. dartswinger

dartswinger New Member

Any info on a Walther PP .32 I found? #2181xx P, marked on r side below eject port with small eagle and either 1A or 14, same mk. directly above on bbl. On l of slide, Waffenfabrik Walther, Zella-Mehlis (Thur) Mod. PP and Walther name in banner with Walthers Patent Cal. 7.65 m/m, dark brown grips with Walther banner. Mag. marked with Walther banner and PP 7.65 m/m, no other markings found. Perfect mechanically, maybe 85% finish (mostly apparent holster wear). Curious note* This thing will shoot perfectly with any ammo but Federal! No matter how old or grundgy, but it will jam consistently on Federal (headstamp FC) ??
  2. RJay

RJay Active Member

The small eagle should be a Eagle over an N which became the standard German proof mark in 1940, Previous mark was a Crown over a N. Your gun was made in 1940/1941. With no other markings, it is a commercial gun sold to the public, it was not military issue. The Walther PP is a fine well made gun but it has its quirks. It is not unusual for an automatic pistol to dislike a certain brand of ammo, I think it's voodoo or black magic. The prices for everything WWII has gone up so much in the last couple of years I will not even try and guess-a-mate the value. Someone else can have that pleasure:D Pictures would be a great help in making sure the information I've given is correct.