Want to do something about gas Prices?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by berto64, Nov 28, 2007.

1. berto64

berto64 Active Member

INTERESTING FOOD FOR THOUGHT

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
    This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
    It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
    BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.98 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.
    If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
    Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Keep it going
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Exxon and Mobil are easy to avoid. However, which other brand names do they sell that are not explicitly named here? I generally buy from Shell or Flying Horse because they are the cheapest in town. Occassionally from Chevron. However, I notice that all of the stations along Broadway get fueled from the same trucks (as in un-named, blank sideplate, anonymous.)

Pops
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yawn.....

What i would rather do is go to one of these guys that are making electric conversion kits for cars and convert a car over to electric and use that as a work car to go back and forth to work.... and thus giving the oil companies the "bird" alltogether!!!! :D

mike
    gn
  4. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Sounds great in theory. Kind of like everyone voting 3rd party in the next election...:(
  5. noslolo

noslolo New Member

I never buy from them and I switched to a car that gets 39mpg (no not a hybrid). I still have my Explorer but it only gets driven about 14 miles a day. My Sentra gets about 26000 miles a year. Low fuel costs, low maintence. gutless but great on the pocketbook.
  6. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

The price of gas is established in trade at the Chicago Board of Trade. As a farmer I know a good bit about that, as my products prices are established there too. I wish I thought what you guys are saying would be true, and you might be able to hurt the oil companies you target, but to effect the price, you really need to go to the CBOT, as they, in open trade establish the price at the wholesale level. That is why during holidays and cold weather(winter) there are price hikes as the traders/speculators know that there is going to be more "use" and they buy, running your price up in the process. This "tool" has been used by those who speculate for a long time. Only in recent times has it gotten to the point that prices are this volitile, in gas at least, and you too can trade gas and make money/loose money with the market. Boycott the CBOT if you really want to change the price, but I am sure that would be tough to do, and have any effect. As long as there are futures markets that do not require a buyer to take delivery or make delivery (in other words not just trade paper) we will be some what at the mercy of the speculators. JMHO. Kirk
  7. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

the only way to affect oil companies is to cut gas consumptions. if they start losing sales volumes than they'll start paying attention. as long as you are still using same amount of gas it doesn't hurt them. they sell gas from one to the other and still make their money and the ones you're buying from raise their prices claiming short supplies.
  8. obxned

obxned New Member

I don't think we should place all that much blame on the oil companies. If the profits they are making are so fabulous, why don't you just buy some stock in that company and share in these huge profits?

A good part of the price of gas is hidden taxes. You friendly, neighborhood bureaucrat makes many times as much off a gallon of gas as the oil company. These same governments make building new refineries much more costly and in some cases impossible.

And if you really want cheaper gas and to break the stranglehold the oil rich countries have, then get Washington to allow production of all the oil we have here in our own country. They said we were saving this oil for a rainy day; well, right now we are knee deep in a monsoon, and the forecast ain’t lookn’ too good either.

Oh, and before you trot out all the horror stories about environmental disasters, check out the fishing around the oil wells in the Gulf of Mexico, or the hunting in the oil and gas fields of Wyoming.