Want to renew my CR again

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by captjack6, Feb 16, 2011.

1. captjack6

captjack6 New Member

I gave up my CR permit when I was in NJ the state was putting pressure on people through audits to give up their permit. I know that the way they were ther that I would eventually have a problem. I just let it expire.We moved to NC and I would like to renew it again. Any idea how difficult ti would be? Any help would be appericiated.
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

You will probably have to start from scratch again if it has expired. If you didn't have a problem the first time, it should go through without any problems this time.

Mine expires on 1 June and I am thinking of just letting it expire. My wife raises so much *$^# every time a gun comes in the mail, I am beginning to think it is not worth it.

BTW capt, welcome to TFF.
  3. captjack6

captjack6 New Member

Thank you for the welcome. it is good to be here. Yes, wives can put up a fuss sometimes. It is really hard for her to tell what is new or has been around for a while.
  4. gdmoody

I know what you mean on that, my problem has to do with the "package" has to go to your C&R license address. My wife doesn't work so she has to sign for them. It is hard to hide them in that case. I guess after nine years of C&R purchases, I should quit anyway!:eek::rolleyes:
  5. captjack6

captjack6 New Member

That is a tough one my friend. I told my wife that I need the CnR to sell off my excess stuff so I dont have to pay a dealer fee. Which is true. You just never know when something new might come my way.
  6. gdmoody

Well, I got my C&R renewal in the mail yesterday. Since I had the paperwork in my hand, I decided to go ahead and send in another thirty bucks and get another three years worth!

capt, I don't know where you live but you don't need the C&R to sell off your stuff, but I won't tell your wife that!
  7. captjack6

captjack6 New Member

Really LOL.. I won't tell her. I am in NC. I really don't need to buy any more stuff sometimes its hard to resist though. I just got my carry permit. Might have to find something that I can carry, my 45's and 1917 are a bit too big.