The Firearms Forum banner

Wanted a revolver?

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  fleetwood1976 
#1 ·
Went and picked up a new in box Colt King Cobra for $450 could have bought a new in box Ruger blue Security Six for $275. Was I right on spending the extra money for the Colt?

#2 ·
In general if it has Colt's name on it it will increase in value in time. That is rarely true with Ruger firearms. They just get older and loose value in real dollars when inflation is factored in. Ruger guns are massed produced production guns made with modern processes and in very large quantities. None of those "features" lend themselves to collector value. Colts on the other hand have much more hand labor in them, look more finished, and were produced in significantly smaller numbers. The Colt name has a mystic to it as well. All that leads up to collector interest.

You did well to buy the Colt! Did you pay too much? Not if you really wanted the gun.

LDBennett

#7 ·
BOTH of those prices are incredibly GOOD!!!WHere on earth did you find such great deals??!?
I have a Security six 4 inch and 2 3/4 inch. I put wolf springs in both trigger pull is fine and they are Great revolvers My 4 inch sec 6 shoots as good a group as my King cobra at 20 yards. I also love the King cobra ITs a good shooter and it looks real good. Both ruger sec6 and colt king co are strong guns
YOu cant go wrong either way.
IF thers anyway you can buy them both ESPECIALLY at those prices.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.