War w/Iran .....

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 45Auto, Sep 30, 2012.

1. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

I could be wrong, but it looks like our friends in Isreal and for Isreal want the US to go to war with Iran. Mit Romney is an unknow quantity, but he seems to want to do what Isreal wants.

The problem is that unlike Iraq and Afganistan, Iran is much larger and far more advanced. Given the size of Iran and the considerable population, we are going to have to have a national draft to fill the ranks necessary for Iran and all of our other military obligations.

For the United States, is war with Iran worth the cost? :confused:
  2. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

3. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I can't imagine the financial consequences of an Iran with nuclear capabilities.
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I don't know if it's worth it.

Another problem is that if we do end up in that position, it will be a war of political idiocy instead of a formal Declaration of War and a goal to defeat the enemy and take their territory like WWII. Then another thing to think about is if we can afford it.
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  5. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Is war with Iran worth the costs? Short answer NO, but....an Iran with a nuke would be far worse. As far as a national draft if war with Iran breaks out, I think that'll happen too. Things will get bad, real bad.
  6. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

The best thing that would ever happen to Iran would be for the US to attack, we would then spend $trillion rebuilding their country for them and they would be stronger and better off than ever and the US would be weaker and poorer.
  7. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It would be cost prohibitive for us to attempt to re-build a giant glowing glass bowl if the war was done right. No loss of our troops.
  8. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

All it would take to win a war in Iran is to support the people over there and they would overthrow their radical administration on their own. The people over there are not in agreement with the dictatorship that is in place and would form an uprising in a heartbeat if they had enough support to win.
  9. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Bingo.
  10. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

So here's my take on things. We advertise ourselves as the "Leaders of the Free World". Once we quit leading, we become just another 3rd world sh**hole like so many other places. Sometimes leading means doing things that are unpopular and painful

I've been super pissed at the Iranians since 1979 and am all in favor of turning the place into glass covered dust. If we don't do it, Israel will. I guess that will mean they will be the new world leaders then.
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  11. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

The sad thing the Iranian PEOPLE are an ancient and cultured people. It is the Govt that stinks. My solution: 1)find a group of young Iranians that want the freddom of western young folks 2) train them and then arm them 3) Main target take out the radical Islamic government 4)non-proliferation nuke treaty with new Iran govt. 5) put the iraninan nuke scientists in a US solar industry funded program to bring viable solar power to the world.
  12. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

Double bingo
  13. ShawnDow

ShawnDow Member

+1
  14. Jim K

Jim K New Member

"... support the people over there and they would overthrow their radical administration on their own ..."

Hmmmm. And the results? Like in Libya and Egypt where Americans are universally loved and Obama is admired and respected?

We have the naive idea that a revolt against what we call tyranny would mean a democratically elected government and a peace-loving nation that would be our friend. But the revolutionaries might well be worse than the tyrants* and the people might just freely and democratically elect a government that would destroy us.

*Russia 1917, China 1949, Cambodia 1963, Vietnam 1968, Cuba 1960... Shall I go on?

Jim
  15. montezumaz

montezumaz Former Guest