Warm Weather Concealing Clothing

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hydra Shok
    (2/20/03 10:06:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Warm Weather Concealing Clothing
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am just curious as to what everyone else wears in the summertime to conceal a firearm. Long t-shirts over small of back holster? Or just a shirt over a belt holster? Or do you just let it all hang out and let 'em look at your pistol? I have been thinking of getting a photographers vest to help conceal in the summertime. Cabela's has them for around $50. Does anyone else wear a vest like that? And if so, does it breathe in warm weather. I'ts real humid here in south Alabama and I would hate to spend the money on a vest and find out i sweat like I'm going to the electric chair when i wear it.

armedandsafe
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/20/03 10:36:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Warm Weather Concealing Clothing
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We used to build and sell concealment vests, but have no experience with extremely humid _and_ hot weather. San Diego never got that hot and the desert east of there is rather dry. The thing people liked about our vests is that they _didn't_ look like photographer's vests. Reversible, pockets in both sides, pen pockets in lapel, square cut and of material that looked rather dressy. I have worn one while lecturing to local FBI agents on the joys of the "It's a Crime, Bill" and wasn't made. Was carrying 3 handguns, stilleto and boot knife. Walked in with long gun case in hand as a prop and nobody bothered to take a second look.

Armed and Safe - not just a theory

chad
    (2/20/03 11:59:06 pm)
    Good to see another member from Bama. I'm from the Mobile area myself. I started carrying with a in the pants holster, but I got tired of buying my pants two sizes two big. I cary a full size Tarus PT\92. Now I use a Old World Leather belt holster. It is much more comfortable, and does a good job of concealing full size 9mm under a loose fitting shirt. If your around the Mobile area Larry's Gun Shop has them for around $20.
    P.S. sorry about the bad spelling typing with a toddler in my lap.

Edited by: chad at: 2/21/03 12:16:32 am

Hydra Shok
    (2/21/03 10:45:48 am)
    Hi Armed, thanks for the reply. I have seen a few concealment vests that didn't look like a photographers vest, but tended to look like more a dressy type vest. I really dont mind the photographers look, Lord knows I have enough junk to tote around to use all those pockets. Been thinking of a fanny pack, but I dont know if my masculinity will let me.
    Hey Chad, I'm out here in the embattled "West Mobile" area. I noticed in a few of your earlier posts you had some SKS questions. Did you ever get a scope mount? I ordered one from D.C. Engineering online that replaces the receiver and has a shell deflecter on it so you can use a full size top mount scope. Works pretty well for me. If you are interested i can find the link for you if you would like to look at it, just reply back. And I will check out Larry's for the holster. I carry a couple of pistols and I'm like you about the inside the pants holsters. I like a belt holster that you wear a long shirt over, but want one that holds it tight to the body so it doesn't print too badly, but was curious about the vests or fanny packs etc. and how others like to carry. Thanks for the replys.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (2/21/03 3:19:48 pm)
    Hydra Shok,

Check out the Lo-Profile Holster at Wilson Combat. I wear mine daily and it's the most comfortable holster I've ever worn.

www.wilsoncombat.com

chad
    (2/22/03 12:19:49 am)
    I've got two types of mounts for my SKS. I have decided to wait on useing eiether of them. My gun came with a mount fixed to the left side of the receiver. One day I'll get around to finding the adapter that fits it. I'm in the middle of refinishing a laminated stock for it now. The O.W.L. holster that I mentioned seems to break up the guns outline. Good luck holster hunting.

Edited by: chad at: 2/22/03 12:23:24 am