Was this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Deputy Dawg, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

About 6 months ago i brought a Riminton Rand for $150.00 dollars. on the slide it says UNITED STATES PROPERTY 1911-A1 U.S. ARMY.Iwould say the gun would rate 95%.A freind of my moms owened this gun and she ask me if i wanted to buy it. At the time i really did not have any extra money,she ask hoe much i had i told her 150 dollars and she said sold.The reason she sold the pistol is because it belong to her late husband who was 80 years old.He had Alzheimers disease very badly the last year of his life.He had put the gun up somewhere and could not find it.He accused his wife of selling it which she would have never done because this gun was his pride and joy. She found his gun after his death and told my mom she wanted to sell it because of all of the misery it caused her the last days of his life.I think the gin was made in 1945. ser.no. 1745342.This lady is 76 years old and she still goes dear hunting and dove/quail hunting ever year.She still owens 8 guns.She also knew that i am a gunNUT also.
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

You got a very good deal. Want your money back ??? :D
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Your Remington Rand M1911A1 was made in 1944.

If all original and in 95% condition, the Blue Book values it at $775.
  4. Deputy Dawg

When i brought it i just thought is was a nice old gun, untill i showed it to some of my gun buddys who like 1911 and they started drooling over it.They keep asking me if i wanted to double my money.I would trade it for a nice Springfield 1911 45acp or any other modern 45 i can shoot without hurting its value as it might this one.Even though i am a GLOCK man i fell in love with this 45 after shooting it a little bit.
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Okay, send me the Remington Rand and I will send you the Glock of your choice! :D :D :D :D
  6. Deputy Dawg

Make that 2 glocks,i will think about it.After shooting it a think i would rather have another 1911 45 acp. Maybe i have finally seen the the light. GlockNut help me before i stray to the other side.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
  7. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

You're drawing nearer! :D :D :D :D

glockNUT can't help you in here! ;)
  8. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

DD, A few years abo,I bought a 1943 Ithica 1911 for $275. Someone had it chrome plated and it looked awful. I sent it to Accurate plating and weaponry and had the chrome chemically removed,had it re-parkerised and sold it for a chunk at a gunshow.

and I thought I got a good deal...............
  9. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hell, Sam.....I bought my (all original) 1918 Colt M1911 (70% condition) for 50 bucks.......I'll tell you the story someday.

But.....that's not as big a bargain as a Leica IIIc I bought at a yard sale for $15. :)

Then there's the 1947 Cisitalia 202 (car) that I coulda (and shoulda) bought in Naples, Italy, for 100 bucks. Would be worth over a hundred grand today. :(

Ahhhhh.......the stories of a misspent life!!! :D
  10. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

You cad you! :D :D :D :D I'd have paid and run like the wind! ;)
  11. stash247

stash247 New Member

While full time carry might wear on the finish, and depreciate the value, shooting likely won't; If a new Kimber would interest you, as even trade, I'd be glad to take advantage!
    Seriously, the pistol you stole will never be worth less than right now, and if figures to be worth in the vicinity or $700,+/-.
    You did good. Terry
  12. armabill

armabill Member

You got an exceptional deal. Keep it!
  13. Deputy Dawg

What kind of Kimber, model, etc.
  14. mutt

mutt New Member

Seems everyone gets a one time really good deal . I've had mine, it's your turn. I sold mine,kicked myself eversince. Keep it and you'll never be sorry.