Way to go Bank of America

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by artabr, Sep 23, 2009.

1. artabr

artabr New Member

NOT :mad:

If there are any of you who are still not boycotting BOA, here's another reason.

The original boycott.
    http://www.bankofamericaboycott.com/

http://www.palmettoscoop.com/2009/09/17/bank-of-america-in-hot-water-over-sc-flag-flap/

Bank of America in hot water over SC flag flap
    BRANCH MANAGER REPORTEDLY ORDERS REMOVAL OF FLAGS PLACED TO HONOR FALLEN MARINE

A South Carolina Bank of America branch is drawing criticism Thursday after an employee reportedly ordered the removal of American flags placed to honor a fallen Marine over fears that people would be offended.

The Palmetto Scoop received one eyewitness email claiming that the branch manager at Bank of America’s Gaffney branch at 1602 West Floyd Baker Blvd. “told a citizen who was preparing the route for a U.S. Marine killed in action in Afghanistan by placing small American flags along the roadway that the flags might upset some of her customers.”

Said the outraged tipster, “[The branch manager] took them down and made the citizen go in to get them if she didn’t want them thrown away.”

The flags were part of the funeral procession of Lance Corporal Christopher Fowlkes, 20, who died last week after an explosion in Afghanistan’s Helmand province.

WSPA-TV has also received similar tips about the “flag flap.”

A teller at the branch confirmed to TPS that the branch manager had been there around the time of the incident but had left for the day.

Bank of America released a statement apologizing for the incident and celled it a misunderstanding.

“We want to ensure the community knows how deeply proud we are of the men and women who have sacrificed so much in service to our country,” the statement said. “The bank does fly the American Flag at our locations throughout the country and flags were displayed in front of our banking center in Gaffney the evening prior to our dedicated Marine returning home.”

UPDATE: WCBD in Charleston reports that Bank of America said the incident was a “miscommunication in corporate policy.” That raises the question, which policy would require employees to remove American flags that are part of a funeral procession for a fallen Marine?

Art
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  2. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

I just saw that on Fox and Friends.....
    I gotta get a new bank! :mad:

What is happening to America?????
  3. 2nd amend forever

2nd amend forever New Member

Great point!
  4. EddieS1967

EddieS1967 Member

butbutbuhbut, the man said the mistake had been rectified. that makes everything ok:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

not a damn thing has been done, except give the people a little lip service:(

It's truly heartbreaking to see what is happening to this country:(:(:(:(:(

Has it been that long ago, that anyone, bank branch manager or ditch digger, would even consider acting this way and being this disrespectful, if for no other reason than just out of fear that their name & dirty deeds would become public knowledge, and some good old boy might just "rectify" the situation, personally!!!!

Now, they just don't care & unfortunately have no reason to worry:mad::mad::mad:
  5. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Just another Obama supporter.
  6. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

That happened in the town where I grew up. The branch manager is officially an idiot for this stunt. I don't think the manager in question will have a job much longer. The local outrage has been HUGE!

Personally, I have no idea why anyone banks with them anyway with the availability of local banks and credit unions.... :confused:
  8. dark_falcon27

dark_falcon27 New Member

Glad i switched everything over to USAA 2 weeks ago. They treated me like crap the DAY I WAS CANCELING ALL MY ACCOUNTS. Ironic huh? I then felt completely justified
  9. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Megan Kelley on FOX this morning had one of those smooth PR types from BOA and absolutely skewered him for it. He was trying to make excuses and change the subject and she was pounding him to the point that he said the branch manager screwed up and as an old personnel mgr that I used work with's pet saying "left her (the manager) on the beach".
  10. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

I received a reply from my email to them. Just their standard response.

At least they heard from me.

=============================================

Dear Xxxxxxx X. Xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your inquiry dated 9/23/09 regarding a flag removal. We
    are committed to providing you with the best banking experience possible and we will be happy to assist you.

First of all we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may
    have caused.

We want to ensure that you know how deeply proud we are of the men and
    women who have sacrificed so much in service to our beloved country. The bank does fly the American flag at our locations throughout the country, and flags were displayed in front of our banking center in Gaffney the
    evening prior to our dedicated Marine returning home.

Bank of America supports our troops and their families through the
    following programs:

- Operation Homefront, which provides transitional housing for wounded
    warriors.
    - The Fisher House Foundation, which is a home away from home for
    families of hospitalized service members.
    - MilitarySaves, which is part of Go America, Save! and supports the
    unique financial planning needs of our service men and women.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If
    we may be of further assistance, please contact us again by e-mail.

Sincerely,

Ricardo Ortiz
    Bank of America
  11. OBrien

OBrien New Member

USAA is the only way to go. I recommend it to anyone who can get it. I don't want to "pimp" a bank but they are great and really seem to appreciate the business I give them and explain things I don't understand and don't treat me like an idiot.
  12. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I noticed that the PR dude with BOA skirted the issue of discipline for the manager that did this.

I am curious; do you suppose the manager's name is closer to Abdulla Muhammid than to Bob Smith?
  13. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Actually, the manager's name is Brandy Tate. Tate is a common name in the black community in Gaffney. I don't know her race. I'm just stating what I know from 11 years living there.... :rolleyes: Her name has been widely disseminated locally.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  14. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

That made me laugh. :D

Heaven forbid a minority be offended, lets go ahead and just pi.s off the majority. Yes, that is the business strategy for spineless wimps.

Didn't BOA just get a bunch of our money last year. And this is the payback?
  15. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

After reading that story I dumped all of my BOA stock (ain't worth nothin anymore) I don't tolerate disrespect, especially to those that died so that you even have a job in the USA. I'm getting real sick of people bowing down to the intolerant. I by no means am a pot stirrer and I don't go out of my way to offend people but there is a certain point were people just need to "get over it and move on". If flags in honor of a fallen soldier in front of your bank offends you then you must have one really boring uneventful life. Better yet, turn your a$# around and come back another time.