WAY TO GO TIGER WOODS!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Don Buckbee, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Don Buckbee

Don Buckbee New Member

TIGER WOODS SPEECH AT THE INAUGURATION:

Tiger Woods received a special invitation to speak at the inauguration. His inviters were stunned, when he did not deliver the message they expected. You will see why the media swept it under the rug with no further ado, who & why of a certain element is pissed off at Tiger.

Below is the text of his speech, entitled:

"You'll Never Walk Alone," as posted on his Web site:

"I grew up in a military family - and my role models in life were my Mom and Dad, Lt. Colonel Earl Woods. My dad was a Special Forces operator and many nights friends would visit our home. They represented every branch of the service, and every rank.

"In my Dad, and in those guests, I saw first hand the dedication and commitment of those who serve. They come from every walk of life. From every part of our country. Time and again, across generations, they have defended our safety in the dark of night and far from home.

"Each day -- and particularly on this historic day -- we honor the men and women in uniform who serve our country and protect our freedom. They travel to the dangerous corners of the world, and we must remember that for every person who is in uniform, there are families who wait for them to come home safely.

"I am honored that the military is such an important part , not just of my personal life, but of my professional one as well. The golf tournament we do each year here in Washington is a testament to those unsung heroes.

"I am the son of a man who dedicated his life to his country, family and the military, and I am a better person for it.

"In the summer of 1864, Abraham Lincoln, the man at whose memorial we stand, spoke to the 164th Ohio Regiment and said: 'I am greatly obliged to you, and to all who have come forward at the call of their country.'

"Just as they have stood tall for our country - we must always stand by and support the men and women in uniform and their families.

"Thank you, and it is now my pleasure to introduce the US Naval Glee Club."

====

I have never been more proud of Tiger Woods than when I heard his 2-minute tribute to the military at the Inaugural Celebration in Washington DC . You know he was greatly pressured to be there. Liberals have been mad at him for a decade for not joining their ranks. You know he didn't want to be there. So instead of paying homage to Obama, he paid tribute to our soldiers. Not one time did Tiger mention Obama, the inauguration or the new administration. He knew beforehand that his love for America , and appreciation for our military men & women would anger them further. But Tiger is his own man; his father taught him to be his own man.

Somewhere over that cold, gray Washington sky, old Earl Woods was smiling down on his beloved son. And there will be one more crying hug waiting for Tiger when he passes through the Pearly Gates into God's arms.

PASS IT ON: Draft Tiger for Congress!
  2. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

God Bless Tiger! That was great and thanks for sharing!
    :)
  3. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

great read thanks
  4. 45nut

45nut Active Member

5. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    An open letter:

Dear actors, athletes, artists and celebrities in general;

Please take a note; THIS is how someone with class and respect for his country handles himself. Tiger Woods is probably a Democrat, maybe not, but one way or the other, I don't care; he is setting the example and I suggest you follow it if you really would like to be taken seriously.

Hats off to Tiger!

Thank you,

USMC-03
  6. flaminjo

flaminjo New Member

wow1 thanx for posting it here!!! tiger you rock!
  7. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I agree with all of the above replies. :) :)

Tiger was awesome for that occasion.
  8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Never thought much of Tiger or the game of golf, but I now have a new respect for Tiger Woods. Thanks!
  9. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

The man has class!
  10. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Ditto, gd!
  11. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Great post, I have always respected Tiger for his amazing abilities, now I have respect for the man on his principles.
  12. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

very cool! i didnt watch the inauguration, so i had no idea he spoke. thanks for posting this don!