1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

We could'nt win..

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by tsweller, Aug 18, 2009.

1. tsweller

tsweller New Member

The major difference ....LoL ;)

guude
    Thomas

Attached Files:

2. artabr

artabr New Member

Man vs Machine. ;)

Art
  3. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Machine vs horse :D
  4. Well, the Germans did build some pretty spiffy machines too. :D

[​IMG]
  5. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Those jeeps were hard to digest, though..... >MW
  6. 17thfabn

17thfabn New Member

If they could've built enough of them. And keep them running. And get them enough fuel!
  7. red14

red14 Active Member

In my opinion,
    the German army in WWII is the greatest fighting force the world has ever seen. When Germany attacked Russia, it was outnumbered 10 to 1, and would have won if Hitler had left his Generals alone.

Note: I am not a fan of Nazis or want Germany to win. I just respect the prowess of their army. Again, my opinion.
  8. 45nut

45nut Active Member

They were right until they met the U.S. Army, Navy and Air Corps. If we had sent the Marines, they would have made Hitler krap himself.
  9. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

There were a number of factors involved on 22 June 1941. The Russian were completely unprepared and surprised. After all they had a treaty with Germany not to attack each other and to share the spoils. Most of Russia's top military leaders were dead or in exile. The Russian army was nothing more than untrained peasant's in uniform. As Israel did ito Egypt in 1966, Germany was able to destroy the Soviet Air Force on the ground in a matter of hours with no opposition. Even after receiving reports that the Germans had attacked, Stalin refused to believe it and posted no orders because after all, they had a " Treaty " with Russia and they recently shared splitting up Poland. Russia then played the old game of trading space for time. In the end it was the very vastness of Russia that did the Germans in as it did every other would be invader.
    Germany had a well trained Military and a few good Generals. They did very well as long as the stuck to invading weak countries such as France Norway and Russia. They should have left well enough alone and not declared war on the U S. Even at that time there was a very large "peace movement " in the US led by who else, most of the Democrats and Eddie Rickenbacker. The strong felling was, " Let the Europeans fight their own war " . Pearl Harbor and Hitler's declaration changed the world forever.
    BTW, The Tiger tank was a terrible tank. a big gun, a lot of frontal armor, but a mechanical nightmare. So heavy, it had to stay on the roads, when ever it left the roads it bogged down, the Hydraulic system was always rupturing, transmission always on the blink, engine bearings always burning out and it burned like the proverbial Zippo, more so then the old M-3 Stuart. No, the Tiger had a hell of a lot faults, Even, Michael Walker's Tiger fell to a British Sherman outfitted as a " Firefly".
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  10. momo

momo Former Guest

BTW, The Tiger tank was a terrible tank. a big gun, a lot of frontal armor, but a mechanical nightmare. So heavy, it had to stay on the roads, when ever it left the roads it bogged down, the Hydraulic system was always rupturing, transmission always on the blink, engine bearings always burning out and it burned like the proverbial Zippo, more so then the old M-3 Stuart. No, the Tiger had a hell of a lot faults, Even, Michael Walker's Tiger fell to a British Sherman outfitted as a " Firefly".[/QUOTE]

The Tiger was a bad tank in the sense that it was underpowered. Also, they cost alot to produce, money that could been used to build more Panthers. However, with a kill ratio of almost 6 to 1, and considering that the U.S. built about 50,000 Shermans and the Soveits 58,000 T-34's, while the Germans produced only 1,355 Tiger I's and 478 Tiger II's it's clear that the Allies outproduced the Germans and that was the path to victory. Michael Walker was actually Michael Wittman, and its disputed wheter his Tiger was knocked out by a Firefly or an aircraft. Incidentally the Firefly carried the British 17 pounder anti tank gun.
  11. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i think the germans didnt win because of an unforseen factor. God. the usa was founded as a christian nation and God watches after his own.
  12. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

In spite of the Nazi Party, Germany was a Christian nation also, I'm quite sure they thought God was on their side also. I think God had less to do with it than the fact that the US was an industrialized nation and we became the arsenal of the free world.
  13. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Quite true. Hitler believed he was a man of destiny and had Divine guidance. He was reassured with every failed attempt on his life. The swiftness and completeness of his victories also helped convince him. When the tide turned, he was sure it was because his generals did not follow his orders. The Germans were certain that God was looking after them. On their belt buckles, right above the Eagle and Swastika, is the legend "Gott Mit Uns" (God is With US). TJ
  14. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

wow i never knew that.