WE KILLED THE NAZIS FOR THIS!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 21bravo, Feb 24, 2009.

1. 21bravo

21bravo New Member

I saw a segment on the news tonight (24 feb) that has made me furious:mad: in the 40's we fought the Nazis and KILLED THEM for what people are VOLUNTEERING to have done to them now! the news segment was all about how there is now a procedure that is done on one's eyes to change the eye color itself. Josef Mengele's time at Auschwitz-Birkenau made him one of the most hunted WWII war criminals in our eyes because of this....and now!? its apparently socially accecptible to experiment like the "Angel of Death" did over 60 years ago! the level and continual progresson of stupidity of people usually never burns my biscuits, but this has really ticked me off!!:mad:..... id just like to see what y'all think bout this.
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

(emphasis added)

I think the big difference comes in how the patients are selected. Dr. Mengele performed experiments (torture) on unwilling prisoners of war/social prisoners. The people who are changing their eye colors today are, in essence, choosing for themselves to have their own irises tattooed.

I'm not a fan of it myself, but I will wholeheartedly support a person's right to the ownership of his or her own body. It is a natural right, the same as free speech or the right to bear arms.
  3. noslolo

noslolo New Member

I have to agree with CampingJosh, I would never do it, I don't care for anything that alters what god gave us. I do believe in personal freedom, even if I don't agree with what you are doing. It's your body, screw it up as much as you want.
  4. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    Doing a procedure like this shows you how far some people are willing to go to change their appearance, it will do nothing to change what is inside but hey different strokes for different folks.
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

You may feel different someday when you are old and have E.D. you know, the "Bob Dole syndrome".... :D:D:D:D

mike
    gn
  6. 21bravo

21bravo New Member

now that the initial shock is over for me i suppose i agree with y'all. CJ kinda pointed it out that people are volunteering and not being experimented on.. it just ruffled my feathers a bit for some reason. honestly its probably no different than the lasic surgery to fix eye sight....:rolleyes:
    i figure i just needed to rant on something and that topic seemed good enough. thank you fellas for calming me down a bit:p:p:eek:
  7. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Hey Glocknut, that is just giving back what God gave us and time stole!!!:)