weatherby firearms

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by BETH, Feb 6, 2012.

1. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

Howa makes weatherby and aftermarket parts are interchangeable, so they are basically the same
  2. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

Beth
    I don't shoot the siege guns any more.:D

But I git my second Weatherby recently along with some other guns and a Ft Knox safe.
    Did not know that Weatherby made a semi auto 22 and further the lever on the rt side converts this little gun to a single shot or semi auto. I have not been able to shoot it yet but am really anxious to do so. It is the model XX11.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UF
  3. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Oh man, you've got a nice looking MarkXXII there UF!
    (that's Mark 22 if you do the roman numeral math) That's what their new bolt-action 22 is called as well, but it ain't nowhere near as purty as the old semi-auto.

I had a chance at a tube-fed one quite a few years back but didn't have the cash at the time...that was back when they were still affordable.
    Nowadays, everyone around here thinks the old semi-auto Weatherbys are collectible or something. :rolleyes: I just want one for a "sunday-go-to-meeting" bunny gun. :D
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  4. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Thats why i have my Howa insted of the Weatherby I saw them laying right becide each other at a gun show asked what was the diff. the guy said just the name. Both made in Japan. For $250.00 cheaper and the simmons scope on it i took the Howa 1500 .223! :D
  5. Frogtop

Frogtop New Member

According to "Shooting Times" there is a new version of the Vanguard out called the S2. Supposed to have an improved trigger among other changes. My Vanguard is about 4 years old and I am quite content with the trigger on it.
  6. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

Howa is a great firearm coupled with the price, accuracy, and aftermarket weatherby parts that fit. It's a great deal!!