Weatherby Mark V Deluxe Project

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by user, May 7, 2010.

1. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    Last edited: May 29, 2010
  2. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

Sweet! I love Weatherbys! I was so close to buying a new 300 Weatherby Magnum before I got my Howa, but I couldn't find large rifle magnum primers so I went with the 30-06.
  3. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

That looks like one sweet MkV. I like it!

For some reason I have a hard time picturing a MkV without that nice glossy Weatherby finish, but I wouldn't hesitate to that that rifle out in the brush and really use it without fear of dinging up that beautiful wood.

The MkV action is definitely overkill for the .30-06 but you gotta love that smooth 60° bolt anyway!
  4. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

I like Miroku made guns,

I am a bit jealous of what they could do for the price, as it rivals some of the better made US guns of long ago. Replicas of long gone guns, at a very nice level of quality and price. I would expect no less of your rifle. I am thinking you gave it a home, as some one before you named bubba owned it, and hurt it. Great deal from what I see by the way, not knowing what you paid for it. Like Bindernut said gotta love that smooth 60° deg. bolt lift....

Stuff it full of some of Hornaday's Lite magnums if you want more performance....
  5. Hunting Man

Hunting Man New Member

Nice rifle/project. I have 3 of the MK-V's all in 270 WM. My Dad's, Brother's, and mine. These are all the Japan built rifles. All three are topped with Weatherby 3X9X44 supreme scopes as a package. Fast and very accurate is what made Roy famous. I don't like the heavy weight and for that reason they see mostly vault time. Beautiful wood though! Congrats on getting the big 300 shooting like it should!
  6. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    Last edited: May 29, 2010