1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

weaver scopes

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by redhawk44, Nov 5, 2003.

1. redhawk44

redhawk44 New Member

I have noticed that lately there is a resergence in interest in these old Weaver scopes. I have these two that I wonder what their value is. The lower scope is a Weaver model 355 and it has about 85% of the blue left on it and it seems to work OK.

The lower one is a weaver model B4 and is about 90% blue. It too works OK. It has a R A Litchert doubler caller a "Varmint Master" attached to the end, which makes it an 8X. This attachment has a steel screw on lens cap. The side mount is simply stamped "S3"

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2003
  2. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

That's a good question redhawk44.

I've been doing some online searching for scopes and info about them, and what I've found so far, there's very little info available, and the prices vary A LOT.

Your run of the mill Weaver B4 goes from $10.50 - up :confused:

I suppose they're worth what someone is willing to pay.

I apologize, I'm not much help... :(
  3. stash247

stash247 New Member

I'd give 50 bucks for the one with the doubler, just because it is an oddity, kinda wierd, like me.
    Litchert made a lot more scope conversions (where, as I understand, he started) than scopes.
    They're all good stuff.
    Please don't sell the conversion too cheap. I would figure it at $125 plus, due to oddity.
    It sure would look good on an old, single shot rifle!
    And, as a postscript, it's really hard to break them old, El Paso, Weavers.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  4. redhawk44

redhawk44 New Member

Thanks for the advice. I will keep it in mind.