weaver scopes

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by redhawk44, Nov 5, 2003.

1. redhawk44

redhawk44 New Member

I have noticed that lately there is a resergence in interest in these old Weaver scopes. I have these two that I wonder what their value is. The lower scope is a Weaver model 355 and it has about 85% of the blue left on it and it seems to work OK.

The lower one is a weaver model B4 and is about 90% blue. It too works OK. It has a R A Litchert doubler caller a "Varmint Master" attached to the end, which makes it an 8X. This attachment has a steel screw on lens cap. The side mount is simply stamped "S3"

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2003
  2. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

That's a good question redhawk44.

I've been doing some online searching for scopes and info about them, and what I've found so far, there's very little info available, and the prices vary A LOT.

Your run of the mill Weaver B4 goes from $10.50 - up :confused:

I suppose they're worth what someone is willing to pay.

I apologize, I'm not much help... :(
  3. stash247

stash247 New Member

I'd give 50 bucks for the one with the doubler, just because it is an oddity, kinda wierd, like me.
    Litchert made a lot more scope conversions (where, as I understand, he started) than scopes.
    They're all good stuff.
    Please don't sell the conversion too cheap. I would figure it at $125 plus, due to oddity.
    It sure would look good on an old, single shot rifle!
    And, as a postscript, it's really hard to break them old, El Paso, Weavers.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  4. redhawk44

redhawk44 New Member

Thanks for the advice. I will keep it in mind.