1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Webb aide arrested for gun possession in DC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by satellite66, Mar 26, 2007.

1. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Webb Aide Arrested for Gun Possession

Mar 26 06:19 PM US/Eastern
    WASHINGTON (AP) - An aide to Sen. Jim Webb was arrested Monday when he entered a Senate office building with a loaded pistol belonging to the senator.

Capitol Police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Schneider said the aide was charged with carrying a pistol without a license and possessing an unregistered firearm and unregistered ammunition.

The office of Webb, D-Va., identified the aide as Phillip Thompson and said he was "a former Marine, a long-term friend and trusted employee of the senator."

A congressional official briefed on the incident said Webb gave the gun to Thompson when the assistant drove him to an airport earlier in the day. Thompson, upon entering the Senate building, forgot he was carrying the weapon.

"To our knowledge, this incident was an oversight," Webb's office said in a statement. It said it had no other details.

The weapon was revealed when the aide went through an X-ray machine at an entrance of the Russell Senate Office Building, Schneider said. She said the man had a loaded pistol with two additional loaded magazines.

Link
  2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

If you have "registered ammunition" do you have to unregister it after you fire it?
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

UNREGISTERED AMMUNITION???
    HUH?
  4. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

He's a DEM's aide, it will get kicked under the rug.
  5. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

A democrat who owns a gun? Who would have thunk it?! Will miracles never cease?

I think it will be fun now to watch his votes on all sorts of gun legislation. My guess is he'll be like the Hollywood celebs who rail against guns and gun ownership, but insist that their bodyguards be armed to the teeth. It's the height of liberal arrogance. "You're too dumb, stupid, and dangerous to have a gun, but it's OK for me to... I'm a CELEBRITY! I'm IMPORTANT! My life matters more than you peasants - the great unwashes masses!"

I think that I shall hoist my posterior into firing position and fart in the general direction of Washington DC and Hollywood. Don't worry - I've got plenty of "unregistered" ammo.
  6. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

A Dem w/ an UNREGISTERED GUN, no less:eek: The shame of it all:eek:
  7. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

I am going to withhold comment until our "pet" democrat/libernazi uber-lord makes his statement on the matter. He'll straighten us all out about how Webb needs protection so much worse than the rest of the nation "etc. etc." and other manure.

I thought that it was still illegal to own a firearm in DC. Or is it just law-abiding citizens that can't have guns in DC>??
  8. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I wonder if "registered ammunition" de-registers itself when fired? Do you have to fire it slowly so the de-registration process can proceed accurately one bullet at a time?

Danged liberal nincompoops!
  9. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Here is a little info about Webb

He doesn't like the UN (Voted to cut funds and for us to get out)
    He doesn't like like 50 cal (voted to ban them)
    He wants the folks of DC to have there weapons
    He wants the FBI to have a registration list
    He wants to have trigger locks, by law
    He wants to ban private sales at gun shows
    He voted for mandatory minimums that could include self defence shootings
    He voted for the assult weapon ban
    He voted for the frivolous law suits against weapon manufatures
    He voted against trigger locks.
  10. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:confused: wonder if he's fonda kerry.:confused: :rolleyes: :p :D
  11. TEXAS 1957

TEXAS 1957 Member

Remiinds me of Ted Kennedy and his body guard who was armed at the airport several years ago which was followed up with "he's with me". How convenient that it is okay for them and no one else. Short memories
  12. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

"Self defense for me, but not for thee."
  13. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

Webb says he did not give aide his gun

By Jeremy Jacobs
    March 27, 2007

Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.) said Tuesday that he did not give staffer Philip Thompson the pistol whose possession got the aide arrested Monday when he tried to enter the Russell Senate office building.
    “I have never carried a gun in the Capitol complex and I did not give the weapon to Phillip Thompson, and that’s all that I think I’ll say,” Webb told reporters.

“I think this is one of those very unfortunate situations where, completely inadvertently, he took the weapon into the Senate yesterday,” Webb added. The senator noted that he was in New Orleans from Friday until Monday. He speculated that the incident happened because three of his cars were moved because of the trip.

Webb also pointed out that he could not go into too many specifics because Thompson is being arraigned Tuesday.

However, the senator made some broad points related to the incident, including his support for gun rights.

“Everyone here knows that I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, that I have had a permit to carry a weapon in Virginia for a long time, and I believe that it’s important — it’s important for me, personally, and for a lot of people in the situation that I’m in, to be able to defend myself and my family.”
    [emphasis mine]

Link

Just as long as you remember that the rest of us good citizens are no less important than you are, Senator.
  14. durk

durk New Member

It's all about them!! BS!!