1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Webley .577 6 shot revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by solvend, Oct 31, 2011.

1. solvend

solvend New Member

So I probably have the Braendelin that isn't marked since I cant see any markings on this one...what a way to narrow it down :).

Hey Jack404, how would u judge the condition of the revolver from the pics I linked to a few posts up from here?

I should probably have a professional appraisal just to see if I need a rider on my homeowners to cover it..

I also inherited a MUCH newer Smith & Wesson .38 Combat Masterpiece revolver that looks brand new (I even have the box it came in and i believe its from 1960's i could easily be wrong though) serial number starts as such K979xxx says 38 S&W. SPECIAL CTG. on barrel. My grandmother had purchased it for my grandfather years ago is all I know.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i would ! my bet is its a commisioners pistol to good a condition from the pic's to be a work gun

snr police officers and political guards got wembleys

as it has no arrow on it it aint army issue so that means civil and here , they where restricted due to the big caliber and firepower ( until after ww1 when a lot came home )

i'll wager it was issued to "someone" or "someones guard"

so do get it checked and as for serials we have always had a firearms register for any civil issued or military issued weapons so i think if done right it should be able to be traced ..
  3. solvend

solvend New Member

Ive enjoyed piecing the story of its history together, I think through having these guns passed down to me has sparked a new interest and hobby. Received some cool stuff from granddad and my dad. Remington 1100 12 Ga. a Winchester .308 from 1968, a 22 LR, that .38 S&W Combat Masterpiece, and the BIG BOY .577.

Im hooked, just hope I can afford the hobby cause I like to do more than look at pictures online!
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

and that right there is where the hook sunk in , welcome to the addiction ! support meetings for addicts is right here daily and at your local or favourite gun shop when dollars are sufficient
  5. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

and they've updated to include my GG GF , of Bathurst NSW

easy folks to get along with too! contact em here

kerryguerin (at) ozemail.com.au
  7. snidervolley

snidervolley New Member

wow
    i am looking to buy one of these and am not having much luck yours is a true beauty . are you shooting it?
  8. solvend

solvend New Member

For the right price I'd consider parting with mine. Just settling on a fair market price is very difficult because there are so few for sale to compare.