Webley .577 6 shot revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by solvend, Oct 31, 2011.

1. solvend

solvend New Member

So I probably have the Braendelin that isn't marked since I cant see any markings on this one...what a way to narrow it down :).

Hey Jack404, how would u judge the condition of the revolver from the pics I linked to a few posts up from here?

I should probably have a professional appraisal just to see if I need a rider on my homeowners to cover it..

I also inherited a MUCH newer Smith & Wesson .38 Combat Masterpiece revolver that looks brand new (I even have the box it came in and i believe its from 1960's i could easily be wrong though) serial number starts as such K979xxx says 38 S&W. SPECIAL CTG. on barrel. My grandmother had purchased it for my grandfather years ago is all I know.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i would ! my bet is its a commisioners pistol to good a condition from the pic's to be a work gun

snr police officers and political guards got wembleys

as it has no arrow on it it aint army issue so that means civil and here , they where restricted due to the big caliber and firepower ( until after ww1 when a lot came home )

i'll wager it was issued to "someone" or "someones guard"

so do get it checked and as for serials we have always had a firearms register for any civil issued or military issued weapons so i think if done right it should be able to be traced ..
  3. solvend

solvend New Member

Ive enjoyed piecing the story of its history together, I think through having these guns passed down to me has sparked a new interest and hobby. Received some cool stuff from granddad and my dad. Remington 1100 12 Ga. a Winchester .308 from 1968, a 22 LR, that .38 S&W Combat Masterpiece, and the BIG BOY .577.

Im hooked, just hope I can afford the hobby cause I like to do more than look at pictures online!
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

and that right there is where the hook sunk in , welcome to the addiction ! support meetings for addicts is right here daily and at your local or favourite gun shop when dollars are sufficient
  5. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

and they've updated to include my GG GF , of Bathurst NSW

easy folks to get along with too! contact em here

kerryguerin (at) ozemail.com.au
  7. snidervolley

snidervolley New Member

wow
    i am looking to buy one of these and am not having much luck yours is a true beauty . are you shooting it?
  8. solvend

solvend New Member

For the right price I'd consider parting with mine. Just settling on a fair market price is very difficult because there are so few for sale to compare.