Webley Mark I

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Ken W, Aug 7, 2012.

1. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

If the barrel on the Mark I** is from a Mark IV, as Ezell described, it wouldn't have the cylinder retention screw of the Marks I and II. ????
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

A Mk III or Mk IV barrel would have the later cylinder and cylinder retention system, and the frame of a Mk I or Mk II would have to have a hole drilled and tapped for the fixing screw (the coin slot screw at the bottom of the lever).

Jim
  3. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

Are we looking at the same picture?? The first picture of the Mark I frame (with the hump) has what you just described.
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Yes, it does; I am agreeing with you.

Jim
  5. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

I wouldn't pay $1000 for it for sure - There are a lot of absolutely super pieces available for less! :)