Webley Mk IV

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

RobC in Missouri
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/1/02 11:31:58 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All $1000 Webleys?!?!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Forgive me if this has been posted here before, but:

WWW.GUNBROKER.COM/auction...em=2774668

This is for your standard Webley Mk. IV .38 revolver, 5" barrel, matching, no import marks. Current bid is in excess of $1000!!!!

I got one of these in identical condition, down to the no import marks, no safety mod, and matching numbers. What do you think - can I get a grand out of mine?

Wanna bet the high bidder reneges?

RobC in Missouri

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/2/02 12:00:19 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: $1000 Webleys?!?!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Looks to me like a standard wartime-contract Webley Mark IV. There ARE collectible Webleys that bring well over $1000, but I wouldnt think that's one of them.

How come this never happens to me?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Xracer
    (1/2/02 9:06:29 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: $1000 Webleys?!?!
    I've got a Webley Mk. VI (.455)....except it's not a Webley, it's an Enfield. Gee, maybe I can retire....wait a minute, I AM retired!

BTW, Doc.....do you know of any way I can determine the date of manufacture from the serial # on this big lump of iron?

LIKTOSHOOT
    (1/2/02 9:21:32 am)
    Talk about tooling marks......man!

Zigzag2
    (1/2/02 9:32:12 am)
    Not that I'm cynical, but sometimes I wonder if there is some "ghost" bidding going on?

AntiqueDr
    (1/2/02 11:23:52 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: $1000 Webleys?!?!
    X, I believe so - or close anyway. Need all the markings on the pistol, though.