Webley MKVI

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by yardbird, Nov 16, 2012.

1. yardbird

yardbird New Member

Standard Webley..un cut ...in a 1915 holster..

Attached Files:

2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The gun is exceptional; the holster is a jewel.

Jim
  3. zant

zant Member

I know next to nothing about Webleys...but I was amazed at the condition of the screwheads...Nice looking gun..
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

5. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Member

Speaking of screwheads, the one with the broad slot to the left of the "Webley Mark VI Patents 1917" stamp is what is called a coin-slotted screw. It is wide enough to be turned with a variety of then-common British coins (a penny, a sixpence, a shilling, etc.).
  6. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Yep. Turning it with an American quarter, with George Washington on it, is a offence against Her Majesty and a couple of veddy proper "Bobbies" will arrest the malefactor.

Jim
  7. yardbird

yardbird New Member

Thanks guys..still would like a $$ value or close.. I know each area has different prices..up here in the boon docks prices are different than out there in the real world...Roy
  8. Popeye

Popeye New Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, "If you're not offered at least $1K for the rig (revolver and holster), walk away."

Personally, I'd stick at $1200.00, or more, if I wasn't too keen on disposing of it.
  9. yardbird

yardbird New Member

Thanks Popeye for the comeback..I am a little late, but was under the weather for a few days...That price would be a little high up here I think..I have a fellow here that moves some of my stuff, but he gets his share of $$$. Roy
  10. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

What is the function of the brass looking piece, middle edge of the holster?
  11. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

That brass thing went into a hole in an officers sambrown belt to keep the holster in place.

BTW, many proper officers bought all of their leather kit from the same outfiter so that the shade of each item such as the boots, belt, holster, cart. pouch, cross straps, etc. would all match.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  12. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

As for price, I would guess that the revolver would sell for around $700 to $800. It might bring one or two hundred more but it will have to sit around for a while.
  13. hrf

hrf Active Member

Note that he lists it as uncut, and those that haven't been mutilated for use with .45ACP bring a premium from Webley collectors these days.
  14. yardbird

yardbird New Member

Here is A picture of the back side..as I recall WWI Officers did carry them across their front on belt. The pistol and holster did not come together..would make a nice story..Pistol did come from an English gentleman here on the Island..(He claimed it was his while in the Army) This from the man settling his estate...mine now over some 20 some years .

Attached Files: