Webley & Scott 12ga Single Shot

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

seb1899
    (3/29/02 10:15:56 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Webley & Scott 12 ga single
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a Webley and Scott single, 12 gauge, chambered for 3". It has a 32" full choke barrel and it has an ejector.
    I cannot find this gun in any books. The bluing is not bad and the case hardened frame looks good.What should I ask for it at auction? I have had this gun for 40+ years.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/29/02 11:37:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Webley & Scott 12 ga single
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    While you wait, WELCOME! I`m sure someone will be by shortly to answer your inquiry. Regards LTS
    T.F.F.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/30/02 8:28:23 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: Webley & Scott 12 ga single
    Webley & Scott did make some utility-grade stuff pre-1969, but they are best known for their high-quality double guns.

There have also been a number of counterfeit guns made using the Webley & Scott name and versions thereof. Check the gun closely for proofmarks - they should be English and not Belgian.

Providing all is right, and the gun is a plain-jane utility single, I would start it at $150.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Kimber and Wilson Combat Master Dealer

seb1899
    (3/30/02 10:47:34 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Webley & Scott 12 ga single
    There is a crown over B\P and to the left of that is .729" to the right of that is a 12 inside a diamond and right of that is a large 3" Underneath all of that is 3 1/2 Tons per square (it actually is a small square) " On the case hardened frame itis Webley & Scott Birminghamand the but plate has Webley on it.

Thanks for any help that can be given.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/30/02 11:11:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: Webley & Scott 12 ga single
    Yep, that's a real one. Later production, though.
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!