Webley WG repair advice plz

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Jboy, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Jboy

Jboy Member

I found a Webley Model WG. The problem is that when pulling the trigger the hammer goes back but it does not release. Something is obviously wrong inside but I don't want to screw with it.

Anyone have advice or know of a smith that works on Webleys and is excellent?

Thanks,
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

You would probably have noticed, but could the trigger guard be bent in, stopping the trigger from being pulled back as far as it needs to go. That seems unlikely with a WG, but I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Jim
  3. Jboy

Jboy Member

thanks Jim, but no the trigger guard is perfect. Whatever is wrong is inside and I don't think I should try to take it apart so I am looking for a smith that works on these
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

If I still had my license, I would volunteer, but I can't. I think any good pistolsmith should be able to work on that gun; it is not very complex. If you can't find anyone locally, try a Google search. You can send the gun by common carrier directly to an FFL dealer/gunsmith for repairs and (in most states) get it back directly. Get a copy of his license first, though.

Jim
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

If you have problems finding a smith, I 'll volunteer. I have my 01. I've worked on several webley's in the past. Obviously find someone in your area first if you can, its easier on ya.