1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

weird one for you single-six lovers

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by fleetwood1976, Sep 28, 2011.

1. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

picked this up on the J&G auction site. It is a new model but has the old model 3 screw type sights and top strap. trying to find out if ruger made this or some very talented gunsmith did custom work on it. never seen another one like it in a new model.

Attached Files:

2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

beautiful
  3. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

It looks nice.You did good!
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Not seen one like it this side ..

Nice!
  5. Chinook

Chinook New Member

Nice! Great Ruger for sure. Not at all familiar with the single six really, but that does look almost...factory, doesnt it?! Hmmm, I dunno.. Cool wheel shooter any way you look at it!
  6. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I'm a big Ruger fan and check out the older used ones I see at gun shows and the like but have never seen one like this and quite frankly it does not make any sense what so ever. Go to the Ruger site and check the serial number. I'll be interested to hear what you find out.
  7. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

According to the serial chart at Ruger it's a '94 era pistol.
    I know that in the late-80s through the mid-90s Ruger used to have a lot more models than they currently have. It's possible that it was a regular catalog model.
    I don't have any of my Ruger catalogs from those years anymore though so I can't verify it with a catalog #.

That said, I've never seen a NM Single-Six with the windage-only rear sight either.
    I do know the NM Blackhawk was available with that sight setup in the late-80s though.

If you contact Ruger via email or snailmail they might be able to provide you with more info and maybe a catalog number.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I have seen em, tho they arent very common. And that one looks to be in fine shape. Excellent find fleetwood!
  9. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

this one dates 1990 according to the ruger book and I did find a new model 1995 bisley 22 with a rear sight like this on an auction site. I can't believe as much as I love single sixes these are the only two I have ever seen. must have only made a very few compared to the regular ones.
  10. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I gotta agree with. you fleet, This is the first one I've seen.
  11. Albtraum

Albtraum Active Member

Nice! Beautiful grip too. My uncle has one in 22 Mag. We found out the wrong way it was 22 mag only when the 22LR shells had..... strange shape to them. However, if I remember correctly it too said, "22 CAL" on the receiver like yours. Not specifying long rifle or magnum
  12. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

For some reason I had a 262-9xxxx serial number in my head after reading your post. Did you have the serial and edit it out later or was I thinking of another SingleSix post? My bad for posting up a wrong date.
  13. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

The original guns had sights like that. They were Single Sixes.

The guns with adjustable sights were Super Single Sixes (I used to think the Convertibles were the Supers, but I asked Ruger and they corrected me)

I thought they had quit making Single Sixes by the time the New Models came along, and were just making Super Single Sixes. I have four OM, two '57, one '67 and one '72, and they are all Single Sixes, even though two of them are convertible. One NM, and it's a Super.
  14. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

He's got two threads on this gun. This one http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=95220 has the number you listed.
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Thats because it will shoot both. With separate cylinders, one chambered for .22LR and one chambered for .22 mag